It is currently Aug 11, 2020 3:12 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: New Chinese Restaurant at Pine Junction
Post Posted: Jun 9, 2020 8:42 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Was wondering when you may be opening for limited seating? Do you still have the deck? Outside seating would be cool!

Post Posted: Jun 10, 2020 6:42 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
mtree wrote:
MtnRadar wrote:
This is the best Chinese place yet up here. Food is always fresh and great tasting!!

That's hilarious! Not that it isn't true as I've never tried the place. But the fact there have been so few up here a 3 year old could step over that bar. There are a total of 3 Chinese restaurants along 285 from Morrison to Fairplay!

What would be hilarious is if you could show me the 3 year old who could run a good Chinese restaurant! There are 3 restaurants between Aspen Park and Bailey - which isn't quite as dramatic a distance as you depict - so comparing the 3 is reasonable. Two of the three are pretty popular!

Post Posted: Jun 11, 2020 8:28 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
sunsetinthepines wrote:
mtree wrote:
MtnRadar wrote:
This is the best Chinese place yet up here. Food is always fresh and great tasting!!

That's hilarious! Not that it isn't true as I've never tried the place. But the fact there have been so few up here a 3 year old could step over that bar. There are a total of 3 Chinese restaurants along 285 from Morrison to Fairplay!

What would be hilarious is if you could show me the 3 year old who could run a good Chinese restaurant! There are 3 restaurants between Aspen Park and Bailey - which isn't quite as dramatic a distance as you depict - so comparing the 3 is reasonable. Two of the three are pretty popular!

Who said anything about "good"? Now THATS hilarious! And there are 3 between Morrison and Fairplay. Hahahaha

Post Posted: Jun 11, 2020 4:53 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
mtree wrote:

Who said anything about "good"? Now THATS hilarious! And there are 3 between Morrison and Fairplay. Hahahaha

A lot of people think Golden Pine is good. You , of course don't know yet because you said you haven't been there yet.

Post Posted: Jun 12, 2020 7:56 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
sunsetinthepines wrote:
mtree wrote:

A lot of people think Golden Pine is good. You , of course don't know yet because you said you haven't been there yet.

You obviously missed my point and don't see the humor in it. That's ok.
If I'm in the area and Jonesin' for some lo mein, I'll check out Golden Pine. I hope they do well.
This is my best post on pinecam all day!

Post Posted: Jul 29, 2020 7:45 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Hello everyone!! We are changing our hours of operation, effective immediately. We are now open MONDAY to SATURDAY from 11am-9pm. We will now be closed on SUNDAYS. With all the heavy traffic on Sundays, it really slowed down business for us so we hope Mondays will be busier. We truly appreciate your support for our restaurant and we hope to see you all soon!

Post Posted: Jul 29, 2020 10:21 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
GoldenPineChineseRestaurant wrote:
Hello everyone!! We are changing our hours of operation, effective immediately. We are now open MONDAY to SATURDAY from 11am-9pm. We will now be closed on SUNDAYS. With all the heavy traffic on Sundays, it really slowed down business for us so we hope Mondays will be busier. We truly appreciate your support for our restaurant and we hope to see you all soon!

This seems bass ackwards. Wouldn't heavy traffic going back to Denver on the side of the road where you're at HELP business? Is it because tourists don't stop there and the locals find it to hard to get there or back? I would think that Friday afternoons would be a lot tougher.

Post Posted: Jul 29, 2020 10:28 pm 
Unfortunately that’s not the case. The campers don’t stop in unless they want to use the bathroom. They don’t buy food for the drive back to city and I think locals rather not sit in traffic to come pick up food. We have had people call in orders and not pick up because they had to sit in traffic for too long. It turned out to be the slowest day of the week for us. Hopefully mondays will be better!

Post Posted: Jul 30, 2020 9:28 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I think that's a smart move. People living in the hills have a flawed and blind view of weekend tourists that is contrary to reality. "Tourists" bring very little revenue to most businesses along the pinecam corridor. Do you see them flooding the grocery stores for supplies? Lined up for gas? Stocking up at the liquor stores? (OK, maybe for ice.) The tourists just pass by on their way to their final destination...which probably isn't Bailey or Conifer! Unless your business is a "destination" (hello, Bucksnort!), you're probably feeling the pinch on Sunday afternoons. And locals are less likely to venture out if traffic is an issue. Therefore, if gobs of cars are keeping diners away, what's the point of staying open? Wait until after Labor Day.

Post subject: Re: New Chinese Restaurant at Pine Junction- closed Sundays
Post Posted: Jul 30, 2020 1:16 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Thank you for your closed Sunday update, and it's entirely understandable given the traffic/demographic challenges we all experience. We respect the decisions you need to make to ensure best practices for your business, and the community appreciates you :eat:

Post Posted: Aug 2, 2020 12:56 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
This is great Chinese food! The campers will be gone in another month or so. I know I will be a regular regardless but I really hope other locals support this fine establishment!

Post Posted: Aug 4, 2020 6:24 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Hubby just brought home some tasty food. So far we just had the sampler for 2 very good. Hot and sour soup looks really yummy that will be next.

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5