It is currently Jan 18, 2020 8:18 am 

:attention:
Please read the forum introduction topic to learn what this forum is about,
what type of requests you can make, or how you can help.

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Welfare Check Support System for Pinecamers living alone
Post Posted: Dec 22, 2019 1:02 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Oh my goodness Wily, I was so hoping this time you would have no troubles! This endeavor can surely wait until after the holiday season when we all have more time and energy to put into this.

There are two services I was going to suggest.

The Red Alert system has places where a person can put illnesses or special needs. For each person that needs a welfare check, maybe we can help that person set up the Red Alert system with any pertinent information about that person's health needs or special needs.

Secondly, Elk Creek Fire company keeps a record of special health needs that medical emergency service personal use when they go to a person's place during a call. Maybe we could also help a person notify Elk Creek Fire with their special health requirements.

Post Posted: Dec 22, 2019 1:30 pm 
yes! great ideas to add to my list... I had someone email about neighbors in their 80's that do not do computers or smartphones, just their land line, so I think as we go, we can offer different ways that work for different people. I want to get in touch with local senior services, sheriff, and fire department for their suggestions this week or next.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Dec 22, 2019 1:56 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
We should definitely be sure all members sign up for these resources! Sounds like exhausting requests.

Along with that in the meantime, let's be sure we're here today.... viewtopic.php?f=160&t=233866

Post Posted: Dec 22, 2019 5:28 pm 
thanks, Lisa ♥

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Dec 24, 2019 10:37 am 
OK boys and girls,

I need to start communicating and tracking only via email. I am getting messages from all over and it is getting hard to track. I don't want to miss anyone. I just combined it all into a spreadsheet for me

Here are folks that I know about that want to participate with this buddy program

Aspenleaf
Denako
Desertrose
Dieselpop
Geezerina
Mirsh
missponyrider
✔️mtnvicky
naturegirl2000
Starryskies

Stormy
Tillerbee
wilyfoxakaangela

I need email addresses for the following folks. If you would kindly pop a quick email over connecting your pinecam name to your email, I would appreciate it. angela@sandersound dot com ✔️ means I now have your email

missponyrider
✔️mtnvicky
naturegirl2000
Starryskies

Meantime, something to get together - your pet's information

I am working on creating custom HOME ALONE cards for people's pets.
you know those cards.
something like this but in card form for wallet and full page for refrigerator with places for multiple pet names. I will create it so folks can type into the form so it is more legible.

This image is for quick reference so everyone knows what I am talking about.

I will send along via email when I get done.

I will send along all detail at once via email with sections regarding yourselves and your pets along with attachments so we can get this in place quickly. We can learn as we go and I will bring in other services as I locate them.

For example , I will send along a simple living will that folks can fill out and have notarized to ensure care of their pets.

Post Posted: Dec 30, 2019 12:08 pm 
I just sent out first email to list to begin getting the details in order to begin the buddy check-in

I have not heard from the following folks to obtain email address, so you have not been included in group. If you do want to join in, then you must send me your email by end of this week.

missponyrider
naturegirl2000
Starryskies

Post Posted: Dec 30, 2019 3:23 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
It looks great, Angela! Is there anything you need help with now?

Post Posted: Dec 30, 2019 3:29 pm 
I'm good, Lisa. Thank you for asking. Just waiting for responses to come in and then take next steps

Post Posted: Dec 30, 2019 4:38 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
Thank you for your time and effort! It takes a lot to put something like this together.

Post Posted: Dec 30, 2019 5:16 pm 
:nerd: :nerd: with my shoulder recovery, it seems I have a lot of that these days :nerd: :nerd:

Post Posted: Jan 4, 2020 4:03 pm 
OK Folks, I have responses from this group and out of this group, only two need a check in buddy. The rest of us are volunteering to be a check in buddy. So I will proceed to email the first group and get things lined up for these two members that need a checkin buddy. This should be easy peasy since we have more than enough folks to do the checking.

✔️Aspenleaf
✔️Denako
✔️Desertrose
✔️Geezerina
✔️Mirsh
✔️mtnvicky
✔️Tillerbee
✔️wilyfoxakaangela

Did not respond to email. If you did and I missed it, please let me know!

Dieselpop
missponyrider
naturegirl2000
Starryskies
Stormy

This is ongoing, so if anyone ever wants some help lining up a check in buddy, reply here or email me (link in lower left corner of my posts)

Post Posted: Jan 11, 2020 1:12 pm 
Hi Everyone,

I have been waiting for a couple of responses, but I decided to move forward without them for now and we can add those folks in as needed.

Right now, we are all women! We have two in the group that live alone and need a check in buddy. Lisa (aspenleaf) and I are stepping up to be the first two so we can work out any kinks and tweak the process for new members that may join. The rest of you that signed up to be a buddy have no action required at this time, but as we add new folks, I hope you are still up to being someone’s check in buddy.

I am doing all of this in honor of my friend, Jane Kulik, Pinecam’s “Mummydog”. She died in her sleep and was only found because a neighbor had noticed she had not picked up her mail in a few days. The sheriff found her and her three dogs when they went in for a welfare check. The dogs went to Foothills Animal Shelter. It was found out by a friend that was also in the same dog rescue group that Jane was in and she got the dogs out of the shelter and back into the fold of the rescue group.
It got me thinking about how many others that now find themselves living alone that do not have anything in place to check in on one another.

I am so pleased we are able to put this in place and help each other.

Happy New Year!
Angela

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next