It is currently Oct 21, 2019 2:11 pm 

Churches, post your events and activities in the Local Churches forum.
Local Businesses, post your events and activities in the Local Businesses and Services forum.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: 10/4 - meeting comminissioers
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 10:38 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thank you Montaner, for your post.
Montaner wrote:
I had hoped for more...at least for some commitment going forward on resolving issues, i.e., "OK, here's what we can do for you:...").

I too am disappointed that they were not prepared to offer some possible solutions themselves. They knew what some/most of our concerns are, so were they not already thinking of solutions?

Did they even share their process for coming up with and implementing solutions???

However, I wonder if they had some influence in getting the FS to close the shooting range last week when fire danger was so high. That sign on 43 was so comforting. To all responsible for making that happen **BRAVO** :applause: :applause:

Montaner wrote:
And while we were complemented for our large turnout, I feel a little like Greta Thunberg: we don't need your complements; we need you to take action.

I know what you mean. I had a boss like that, he'd periodically get us together to air our complaints. He was great at pretending to listen and providing empathetic looks and comments. He'd even hand out complements on our great ideas for solutions and write something in his notebook. But he never took action on any of them. When complaints were repeated he'd say "something is in the works" or other BS. When I finally confronted him privately, he boastfully told me that letting people have complaint sessions made them feel better for awhile, lessened the office tension and increased productivity for many weeks! Yep he was a manipulative jerk.

Not saying the sheriff or commissioners are jerks. Not at the moment anyway. But if they don't take some action and implement solutions then that label may come back and stick on them.

BTW:
**Sheriff's office and Fire Department do need more funds so please vote accordingly.**

We can't beg them for action and then tie their hands and not give them the means to take action.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2