It is currently Jun 25, 2019 8:06 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Revived a letter for yet another CNG Rate increase
Post Posted: Jun 9, 2019 10:40 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
How many times has CNG raised its rates in the last year? I just received a letter for another increase!

Post subject: Re: Revived a letter for yet another CNG Rate increase
Post Posted: Jun 10, 2019 11:09 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Oh great. I got one from my propane company too saying they would be adding "sales tax" effective 6/1/19.

Post Posted: Jun 10, 2019 1:01 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Don't these utility price increases have to go through the PUC? It always seemed to me that the people at the PUC always just rubber stamped the utilities rate increases. I just don't remember very many requests being r=turned down.

Post Posted: Jun 10, 2019 2:33 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
The letter I receive from Independent propane was that the sales tax applied would now be at the address it was delivered to, not the address of the company.

and those that wonder what happened

Post Posted: Jun 10, 2019 2:38 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I attended some of the PUC meetings when electricity prices were going to shoot up. PUC denied it for that year, but utility stuck on a $10 "Service Fee" anyway (that is not regulated.) I also attended electric utility "special interest groups" when they were combatting Enron's outrageous price increases--nothing changed there either, until Calif almost went bankrupt and ENRON was brought down by the courts. You have the option of public testimony (useless but it will be recorded), writing letters to company and congress people, and harassing the Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) in Denver. They oversee the entire power supply for western U.S. As for natural gas,I refuse to have it because it IS a utility and as such has no competition. Propane may be more expensive but at least it's private companies competing for your business.

Post Posted: Jun 10, 2019 2:47 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Scout wrote:
The letter I receive from Independent propane was that the sales tax applied would now be at the address it was delivered to, not the address of the company.

The Dems want their taxes....

Colorado lawmakers move to overhaul sales tax system for online retailers
House Bill 1240 seeks to codify Department of Revenue destination-based tax collection rules
PUBLISHED: April 11, 2019 at 9:18 pm | UPDATED: April 11, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Quote:
Starting June 1, it would mandate that all out-of-state retailers that do a minimum of $100,000 worth of sales in the state in a given year must collect and assess taxes based on where their Colorado buyers live, a threshold consistent with the Supreme Court ruling in South Dakota. Out-of-state retailers who sell less than $100,000 worth of taxable goods in Colorado over the course of a year are exempt from the rule.

It grants Colorado-based businesses that sell less than $100,000 worth of products a reprieve on performing destination-based tax collections until the state’s online portal or another suitable system is in place. The portal process could take more than a year.

It requires “marketplace facilitators” such as Amazon, Etsy and other online retail marketplaces to collect and remit taxes on behalf of the business that use their platform. Amazon already does this in the state. This rule would go into effect Oct. 1, Kraft-Tharp said.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/11/colorado-sales-tax-rules-change/

Post Posted: Jun 10, 2019 4:49 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Sorry, what's the connection to CNG, propane and utility rate increases? Is propane considered an out-of-state good? Online companies haven't been charging me sales tax. Some say that it's my responsibility, others have listed Colo. as an exemption from this law. Are you saying this will now change, or that's why I haven't been charged so far?
And to first contributor: you revived a letter?
As the politicians say: "Let me be clear" before they are confusing.

Post Posted: Jun 10, 2019 7:15 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Daisy Pusher--love the white line that was around your body before it was removed.
Where are all the smilies? I want the one that says "Bye-Bye." I'm going back to Stephen Colbert's site for conversation. Smile!

Post Posted: Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm 
sierralady93 wrote:
Daisy Pusher--love the white line that was around your body before it was removed.
Where are all the smilies? I want the one that says "Bye-Bye." I'm going back to Stephen Colbert's site for conversation. Smile!

Those are daisies and I am pushing them up from below in my grave.

Post Posted: Jun 11, 2019 8:42 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
sierralady93 wrote:
Sorry, what's the connection to CNG, propane and utility rate increases? Is propane considered an out-of-state good? Online companies haven't been charging me sales tax. Some say that it's my responsibility, others have listed Colo. as an exemption from this law. Are you saying this will now change, or that's why I haven't been charged so far?

Independent Propane is in Pine Junction, Park Co. I live in Jeffco, If the tax rate is different, they charge Jeffco tax rate to deliver to me.

and those that wonder what happened

Post Posted: Jun 11, 2019 8:42 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
sierralady93 wrote:

Amazon has been collecting state taxes for at least a year now, probably more. I think now, they will also have to collect the local sales tax.
Yes, If you have been doing your state income tax properly, you are supposed to pay the sales tax that online sellers didn't collect!

I got the letter from CNG also, it says their asking for about another $2.00 each month for the residential customers in my area.

Post Posted: Jun 12, 2019 12:24 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Hmmm... Natural gas production in the USA is at an all time high. Copy and paste this link to the data ( https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/n9050us2a.htm ) US consumption has nearly kept pace with the increase in US production. See link. ( https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/ng_cons_sum_dcu_nus_a.htm ). It is distribution costs driving the increase? It's not lack of supply...
s

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next