It is currently Mar 19, 2019 9:17 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: New road going in by Church and Library?
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2019 9:23 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
You're right, I keep getting those two road designations confused.

The original Crow Hill plan was to replace both of the two stop lights (43 and 43A) with one overpass. Then Dozier got involved. At least, that is the way I understand it.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2019 9:55 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Harris Park is Park county... And that area is just the tip of the iceberg for needing some maintenance, it's the WHOLE county except maybe over in south park a bit. Their dirt roads are graded all the time!! I never understood that, except I do know a couple of comish's, and our Judge live on the other side of the hill.....And I can just see the traffic jams this summer with the "RV, Boat and ATV show" trying to pull into Loaf N Jug, with cars on the other side wanting to go "read", or pray, when they already have another FINE road, what is it? Buggywhip? lol... It's already a mess in the summer!
keg wrote:
If you want to say that there are better uses for the money, I will not argue. I would say that I place a higher priority on libraries than you do, although I admit I'm a dinosaur and still prefer the old ways in many things (I absolutely do not trust much of anything I see on the Internet). But when you add in the predictions of traffic jams and accidents, you just diminish your overall argument; stick to the money angle.

You mention Harris Park … I guess I thought that the Harris Park district was responsible for the maintenance of their own roads, and that therefore it does not really play in this argument. But my understanding might be off base there; I'll let others more knowledgeable than I weigh in on that part.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2019 10:35 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Yes, I know Harris Park is in Park County … I am also (Burland). What I was referring to is things I have read over the years on Pinecam that indicate that the county is not responsible for the same level of maintenance in Harris Park as it is in the rest of the county. Not knowing this for sure, I did a quick search and found the following web page hosted by the Harris Park Metropolitan District: http://harrisparkmetrodistrict.com/?page_id=600 . The most recent update makes the following statement:
Quote:
Harris Park can anticipate a reinstatement of previous services, namely two gradings per year on those roads that were traditionally maintained.
That tells me that the county probably does NOT do any maintenance on the full set of roads in the district (not sure what "traditionally maintained" really means, but then again I did not read the full page).

Regarding Park County as a whole, I have said this before and will say it again: I think the county, as a whole, does a good job with road maintenance given the small budget it has to operate under. I do not know the origin of the funds for paying for this new library road … but I, as a Park County resident, have no issue with it being built; as implied in earlier posts in this thread, the whole history of the road situation at Crow Hill is rife with political negotiations that have nothing at all to do with traffic efficiency there, and any attempt at improving access to that library is OK in my book. I tend to believe in the principles laid out or implied in the Code of the West, namely that people moving into western rural areas had better be prepared to live with conditions that are less than optimal, including maintenance of county roads.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2019 11:31 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
[quote="tomcat"]Harris Park is Park county... And that area is just the tip of the iceberg for needing some maintenance, it's the WHOLE county except maybe over in south park a bit. Their dirt roads are graded all the time!! I never understood that, except I do know a couple of comish's, and our Judge live on the other side of the hill.....And I can just see the traffic jams this summer with the "RV, Boat and ATV show" trying to pull into Loaf N Jug, with cars on the other side wanting to go "read", or pray, when they already have another FINE road, what is it? Buggywhip? lol... It's already a mess in the summer!

Stop for a moment and think, about your statement, I've bolded above.
If some one is coming from 285 onto 43A intending to go to the new road, they fall in with the traffic as they always have, instead of going strait past the loaf & jug they turn right, no traffic impediment. Some one coming from 43 down 43A will need to turn left, they will do this as someone is turning left into the loaf & jug, This might cause a momentary delay to other traffic going down toward 285, but no change to current traffic conditions. The biggest problem will be to people coming from the Library wanting to turn left to get on 285, they my need to wait for the traffic light cycle on 285 to create an opening, and this would only be a problem during the busiest times. These people would also have the option of turning right and using 43 to get to 285.
The added congestion argument against this new access road, holds no merit! You really should stick to the money and conspiracy argument.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2019 6:10 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Just a Question, no one has asked.
Are there more commercial lots between the new road and 285, that it will serve?

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3