It is currently Mar 19, 2019 9:48 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: RIVER BEND RESTAURANT -WHAT HAPPENED
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2019 5:41 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
bummer to hear previous negative posts. i'm w/ plumster... food is great, hav never had bad service (sara is the best!!!!), & prices about the best in town! at beginning things were rough, but they've fallen into place & i'm loving it like i did before. i work across town & riverbend is my go-to place my days/nites off. & w/ curtis on board in the kitchen things can only get better yet!!

Post Posted: Mar 16, 2019 12:38 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
You only have "once" to make a first impression....so it better be a good one!

Post Posted: Mar 17, 2019 8:38 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
So my question to Tomcat is did you take the time to talk to the owner/manager to find out if their was a justifiable reason as to why your service was so slow or did you just find it easier to bash the business online thus hurting the reputation of a business probably struggling to make a go of it up here.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2019 10:35 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
smonson wrote:
So my question to Tomcat is did you take the time to talk to the owner/manager to find out if their was a justifiable reason as to why your service was so slow or did you just find it easier to bash the business online thus hurting the reputation of a business probably struggling to make a go of it up here.

I didn't see the memo that said Tomcat had to talk to the owner/manager before posting a review. The reason behind the slow service and the screwup is irrelevant. It was slow. Like it or not, that's the review.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2019 11:01 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
:off topic:
mtree wrote:
I didn't see the memo that said Tomcat had to talk to the owner/manager before posting a review. The reason behind the slow service and the screwup is irrelevant. It was slow. Like it or not, that's the review.

I agree with mtree, that was Tomcat's experience and his subsequent comments on the restaurant reflect his exerience. I don't think you, smonson, or anyone should excoriate a member for voicing a review of their experience.

It may have just been a bad night; it may be the customary experience of others dining there. Let's let both good, not so good, and bad reviews to be made without condemnation.
:on topic:

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2019 11:17 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
It may have been just a "bad night"! Really? I was there last summer, excited to see that they had reopened, and my experience was terrible way back then. So if Tomcat and Keg were there just recently and were not exactly pleased with their dining experiences, it leads me to believe that 9 months later they still don't seem to have their act together. So how long do we wait for them to operate efficiently? I think 9 months is plenty of time...........

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2019 5:53 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We eat there semi-regularly and have never had a bad experience. But then we go there just before peak hours and are more the "relax and dine" type and not the "eat and run" type.

Mountain folk look at the mountains when they drive.
City folk who live in the mountains only see the bumper of the car in front of them.

Post Posted: Mar 19, 2019 9:02 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Tiller Bee and mtree,trust me I understand the concept of a review and normally I would agree with both of you but in this case I thought the review was on the harsh side and if these claims were true the owner/manager should of had a chance to defend them instead of just having the claims hang out there on line. mtree you have continually stated that in your opinion an establishment should never comment to reviews online. That all being said though I must admit that perhaps my reply was a little harsh as well and I apologize for that.

Anyways, back on topic with the reviews.

Post Posted: Mar 19, 2019 10:01 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
In my humble opinion a business should operate 24/7 as if a review could be written at any time! Always do your best! Always put your best foot forward as they say. Personally I do not feel that I should have to take the time or spend the energy to point out every time I don't feel happy with a particular business! Every business should act as if a "secret shopper" or a restaurant review critic could stop by at any time! And any business owner should also be in tune with their operation to know if it is performing "sub par"!

Post Posted: Mar 19, 2019 12:25 pm 
New Poster
Regrettably our last several experiences, over the course of months, have been terrible. The service in particular has been rude, inefficient, and defensive. We did twice take the time to discuss with the manager (early on with sincere interest in helping them succeed in the re-Launch) and I’ll simply say it was far from satisfying. Amazing location, but our experiences have be a real deterrent in continuing to give it time or the benefit of the doubt.

Post Posted: Mar 19, 2019 2:41 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
smonson wrote:
Tiller Bee and mtree,trust me I understand the concept of a review and normally I would agree with both of you but in this case I thought the review was on the harsh side and if these claims were true the owner/manager should of had a chance to defend them instead of just having the claims hang out there on line. mtree you have continually stated that in your opinion an establishment should never comment to reviews online.

I see no issue with people giving reviews online...but...the review should not be slanderous or false - period. There obviously is a pattern in the "bad" reviews as they mostly have to do with service. Unlike mtree, I think owners SHOULD respond to reviews - either publicly or privately. I know that gives me a MUCH better feeling about the restaurant and if I don't see that I wonder if the management cares. I would think the PM option would also be good if the owner doesn't want a public back and forth.
The other pattern I notice is that restaurants that are getting bad reviews are often looking for a bunch of new employees. That is a big hint on a LOT of the problem - getting and maintaining good help. I don't know how to solve that problem so I'm not in the business. It is probably a combination of managerial issues and economic issues.

Post Posted: Mar 19, 2019 7:33 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
we choose to continue and support all of our restaurants/bars/hangouts along the 285 corridor, from grant down to indian hills. they all do a great job, at a VERY fair price, and i don't expect them to be "spot on" every time we visit?

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13