It is currently Oct 21, 2019 2:10 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Twin Forks
Post Posted: Dec 15, 2018 10:42 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We had dinner again at Twin Forks restaurant last night. It is located at 285 and North Turkey Creek. Friday night is prime rib night. As usual, everything was wonderful. Beautiful presentations, attentive service, pleasant atmosphere, and large portions. If you haven't been there already, go. Let's have more reports about experiences at other local restaurants.

Post subject: Re: TwinForks Tavern
Post Posted: Sep 10, 2019 11:15 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We stopped at Twin Forks for dinner Sunday on our way home from the airport. We hadn't been for awhile. Got into that "it's a long drive" state of mind. SHAME on us.

Our meal was so fabulous we moaned out loud. My entre was Macadamia Nut encrusted Mahi Mahi with jasmine rice on a bed of lobster butter sauce. Each and every bite made my mouth sing. That for $24. It would have cost twice as much at many restaurants half as nice in the city.

Service was superb. Wine was well-priced and perfectly presented.

Makes me want to kick myself for not supporting this restaurant more often. We won't make that mistake again.
If YOU haven't been there, or haven't been there for awhile, get your buns down there and remember why food was invented.
Mrs. BGR

Post Posted: Sep 10, 2019 1:17 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
We second your gastronomical delight!

Post Posted: Sep 10, 2019 1:32 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We eat there occasionally and have been told the seafood is flown in fresh every morning.

Mountain folk see the mountains when they drive.
City folk who live in the mountains only see the bumper of the car in front of them.

Post Posted: Sep 14, 2019 1:57 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
BeerGodROX wrote:
We stopped at Twin Forks for dinner Sunday on our way home from the airport. We hadn't been for awhile. Got into that "it's a long drive" state of mind. SHAME on us.

Our meal was so fabulous we moaned out loud. My entre was Macadamia Nut encrusted Mahi Mahi with jasmine rice on a bed of lobster butter sauce. Each and every bite made my mouth sing. That for $24. It would have cost twice as much at many restaurants half as nice in the city.

Makes me want to kick myself for not supporting this restaurant more often. We won't make that mistake again.
If YOU haven't been there, or haven't been there for awhile, get your buns down there and remember why food was invented.
Mrs. BGR

After reading your review I decided to try Twin Forks again. My husband and I took a friend to celebrate his birthday last night. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, my husband had the Beef Medallions, and our friend had pizza. I forgot the meal didn't include salad - should have ordered it separately. Both my entree and my husband's were cold. It was good but would have been better hot. Desserts were wonderful The service was great. Iced tea was $5 - seriously? Next time I go I would probably just order appetizers or pizza and dessert.

Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 5:02 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
MIRSH wrote:
BeerGodROX wrote:

Mrs. BGR

After reading your review I decided to try Twin Forks again. My husband and I took a friend to celebrate his birthday last night. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, my husband had the Beef Medallions, and our friend had pizza. I forgot the meal didn't include salad - should have ordered it separately. Both my entree and my husband's were cold. It was good but would have been better hot. Desserts were wonderful The service was great. Iced tea was $5 - seriously? Next time I go I would probably just order appetizers or pizza and dessert.

I am curious if your friend like the pizza? We ordered 2 pizzas for take out a long time ago and the sauce was so spicy hot that we couldn't eat them. I've wanted to try again, but their pricing is rather expensive if not good.

Post Posted: Sep 15, 2019 5:15 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Lilbit wrote:
MIRSH wrote:
BeerGodROX wrote:

Mrs. BGR

I am curious if your friend like the pizza? We ordered 2 pizzas for take out a long time ago and the sauce was so spicy hot that we couldn't eat them. I've wanted to try again, but their pricing is rather expensive if not good.

Yes, my friend did like the pizza. I think it was steak with gorgonzola cheese. He shared a piece with me and it was delicious. Bread doesn't come with meals. It wasn't spicy.

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9