It is currently Jul 20, 2019 8:05 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: New road going in by Church and Library?
Post Posted: Jan 8, 2019 6:49 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
One reply and a comment were removed. Please keep in mind the Pinecam Terms of Service, which states in part:

Quote:
When quoting copyrighted material (articles, webpages, newspapers, etc.) in any forum:

Do not quote the entire content but 4 sentences at most,
Always cite the source and include a URL, if applicable,
And include at least one or two sentences explaining why you included the quote.

The original poster is welcome to post this useful information again with the proper online link and a brief quote as stated in the Terms of Service.

Post Posted: Jan 8, 2019 8:06 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Two things going on at the Library. There is a new septic system going in and there will be a road that goes from the Library to 43a. For a history of why the road has to be put in please visit this link. There will be more information coming soon.

http://parkbull.com/politics/issues/chronostudy.html

Post Posted: Jan 9, 2019 8:54 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
My response to the large posting got pruned out, for some reason, so I'll try again. The report is long and somewhat confusing, but it is interesting and worth reading. It appears the new road is just one small part of a long series of negotiations kicked off over 20 years ago by our favorite local developer, Duke Dozier … the man that I believe we have to credit for the continued existence of the Crow Hill traffic light that disrupts 285 traffic during peak seasons (and the reason I refuse to consume at that L&J). And I have no issue with the road, because the current route to get to the PC Bailey library is tortuous and I believe it should still be some sort of priority to provide convenient access to a library. So, given all the history behind this area, I have no issue with a short road being constructed from 43A to the library.

I do have a question about that report. It says, among a lot of other things, that in 1998, "Bulldogger is closed". I'm not sure what that means, but I interpret it to mean that access to 285 from Bulldogger Rd was closed. My sometimes faulty memory tells me that this access was still present in 2001 when I moved to Burland, and that it was closed a short time later when 43A was constructed. So I don't really know what it means when it says that "Bulldogger is closed".

Post Posted: Jan 9, 2019 11:27 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Let me answer the closure portion for you. A certain individual, within the HOA of Mill-Iron D was solely responsible to get the access closed. This came as a jab to the church that was trying to build across from the library within Mill Iron D, at this same time. The complaint was that too many vehicles were traveling through the subdivision to get to CR 43 quicker. Hence, making it dangerous and frustrating to the subdivision. Also, there were accidents there from NB vehicles stopping on 285 to make a left turn. With that said, she was able and was proud to get that access “Permanently Closed.”

My input at the time, was to have CDOT provide turn lanes and close the road off ABOVE the library or possibly even above the Catholic Church. That way no church or library traffic would be traveling through the subdivision. But what about those that lived across from the library on the cul-de-sac? Talked to them too, which was only one house at the time, and they LOVED the idea of getting to their home quickly.

So, now with the access closed forever the ONLY access for the church would be right through the subdivision! Strengthening her case that a church should not be built there. :bash:
After awhole lot of drama and money spent on studies and attorneys, the church did move their addminstration in for awhile, but eventually had to sell it.

Post Posted: Jan 9, 2019 5:27 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I'm just glad that FINALLY there is going to be easier access to the library!

Post Posted: Mar 15, 2019 7:53 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
ok, where were we? So tell me why again we need this road that is totally going to be in the way this summer causing accidents and traffic jams in front of Loaf N Jug, WHEN we need SO MANY roads repaired within the county? If you all can't see the "ROAD" going in to the right of Loaf N Jug off 43, you're blind!
tomcat wrote:
First off..... WHY? What are our Commissioners thinking? We have so much road damage in Bailey we need to get our vehicles aligned every year!! Personally I think this road is really un-needed. What is wrong with "Buggywhip"??? Is there someone who works at the top that doesn't like traffic going by to church on Sundays? And the Library? REALLY? We have the internet now to do any library work for us. What a waste of tax dollars.. Not to mention the accidents it's going to cause with summer traffic people turning into Loaf-n-Jug. Can we PLEASE fix ALL our other roads first? Or is it just for the millionaire that owns ALL that property has an "in cahoots" with the Commissioners? Buggywhip has worked fine FOREVER for that traffic, what little there is going to their homes, Church and Library...

Post Posted: Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
tomcat wrote:
ok, where were we? So tell me why again we need this road that is totally going to be in the way this summer causing accidents and traffic jams in front of Loaf N Jug …

One more side road is going to cause accidents and traffic jams? Please, get a perspective.
Quote:
...If you all can't see the "ROAD" going in to the right of Loaf N Jug off 43, you're blind!

At the time you originally started this rant, I could NOT see that road. I saw some equipment there, yes, and the response in this thread was that there was septic work going on. Yes, two months later, the road is now plain as day ... but it was not then.

You seem unnaturally upset about this one, very short road that will provide much better access to the library. I am usually one of the first to rail against new development, particularly in our rural community … but this is nowhere near worth fighting against.

Post Posted: Mar 15, 2019 8:44 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
except spending our tax dollars on ALL the other roads!!! There is already a road going into the church and library (that is becoming obsolete due to internet)I really don't know how anyone can even argue this. Have you driven back in Harris Park lately, just a little FYI. My goodness, any roads leading back to our communities. Like I said, I'm sure it's one of the Commissioners that had to have it done, kindof like their own driveways to their homes, lol... It doesn't matter, nothing would be done about it anyway. We will now have just another headache this summer to tend to. Hey, maybe they'll put a light there.. lol

Post Posted: Mar 15, 2019 8:57 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
If you want to say that there are better uses for the money, I will not argue. I would say that I place a higher priority on libraries than you do, although I admit I'm a dinosaur and still prefer the old ways in many things (I absolutely do not trust much of anything I see on the Internet). But when you add in the predictions of traffic jams and accidents, you just diminish your overall argument; stick to the money angle.

You mention Harris Park … I guess I thought that the Harris Park district was responsible for the maintenance of their own roads, and that therefore it does not really play in this argument. But my understanding might be off base there; I'll let others more knowledgeable than I weigh in on that part.

Post Posted: Mar 16, 2019 8:51 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I agree wit Keg, the traffic that will use that new road will have very little effect on conjestion, summer or otherwise.
Now, if we wanted to use the money better, it could have been used to remove that stoplight, and add barriers to prevent left turns on to and from 43A!

Post Posted: Mar 16, 2019 1:44 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
While I would be in favor of that, Scalawagy … doing so would just remind us of how useless that stretch of 43 really was, except for users of that L&J. It would mean more traffic on 43A (I think that's the part that goes in front of the fire station), but minor road upgrades could handle that. All in all, a good plan that I am sure Duke Dozier would do his best to nuke.

Post Posted: Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
At some point it just has to happen, that light causes too much congestion! It's why the overpass was built.
for the record 43A is the road from the light past the loaf & jug, 43 is the road going past the fire station and the Delwood Square business center.

Looking back, I've always wondered why the owners of that business center (delwood square) didn't sue the state highway dept for deviating from the original plan when the overpass was built at the intersection of 285 and 43.

If the owner of Beth's Market had also renovated the store when they put in the gas pump canopy, perhaps they could have gotten the business that the Loaf & jug has benefited from all these years????

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next