It is currently Dec 14, 2019 9:46 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: TwinForks Tavern
Post Posted: Mar 18, 2016 5:09 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I am told that Twin Forks has great prime rib. I wouldn't know both times we have drove from Bailey to try some and both times they are sold out... If you are not there by 4:40 forget about it. This time after going through both accidents/ road closures on 285 we arrive at 5:45 ask about the prime rib.... One end cut left. My wife was so bummed that we left. Seriously, if there is such a demand for this why can't you make 2 prime rib roasts and sell that much more? Most people don't even get off work until 5. When you call and ask to reserve some the answer is no. Not a big shocker, I do wish The staff would take note that there should be enough to last you till 6:30. Really disappointed.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2016 5:44 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
the staff just work there and follow the rules of the owners. Ask to speak to the owners and make that suggestion.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2016 6:15 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Thanks for the info :)

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2016 6:21 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I personally haven't had the dinner but I know it is a hit. Maybe if enough people say something to the owner's - they own the liquor store next door too and Roger is at the restaurant every night.

Post Posted: Mar 23, 2016 11:27 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Snow Day! Due to hazardous conditions, Twin Forks Tavern will be closed this evening, Wednesday, March 23. Be safe, cozy, and warm. We will open at 3:30 tomorrow to quell your cabin fever and exchange stories of the 2016 Blizzard.

Post Posted: Apr 4, 2016 7:57 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
My family took me out for my birthday dinner on Sunday.
Absolutely wonderful meal.
Most everything was top notch.
Apps...those brussel sprouts were stellar. The brusshetta, even Teagan who wont eat anything loved it. The shrimp cocktail had five nice big shrimp and was typical, not the highlight of tge app choices.
I look forward to trying duck wings and pollenta fries next time.

Daughter had the pork chop special and they were very kind to make a substition of sides for her. She got scalloped potatoes and asparagus instead of mashed and whatever the veg was that came with the special. The raspberry chipolte sauce on those chops was lovely. Nice balance of sweet, savory and just a hint of heat. The pork was tender and juicey.
SiL had the beef medallions with the scalopped taters and asparagus. Perfectly cooked and seasoned.
I had sea scallops with citrus glaze, so yummy. It was served with white rice and corn and topped with portabella mushrooms and pork belly (bacon). The topping was amazing. The rice kinda fell flat under it and there was a bit too much oil on the plate. But who wants to eat rice when theres portabella and bacon and scallops. Besides we needed room for desert.

Lovely new york cheesecake with blueberry sauce.
Bananas Foster nicely done.
Biggest hit was the flourless chocolate cake. We were full enough to share but you're really gonna want your own on this. :)

The service was perfect. Attentive, charming, not hovering.
Teagan enjoys a Dr. Pepper when we eat out but it wasnt on the menu so she setteled for a sprite.
Our server surprised her with a dr pepper that the owner retrieved from the store next door. That pleased us to no end.

Cocktails were great. Coffee was great. Lovely atmosphere.

Theres much on the menu I cant wait to try.

And yeah....Ill be jockying for the prime rib if I can find out the next time they are serving....

I dont feel the prices were outrageous for the quality of food, attention to preparation and everything else, on point for the meal we enjoyed.

I wanna love a place like how I missed Platte Canyon Grill.

I think this could be it.

Post Posted: Apr 8, 2016 10:30 am 
irbobcat773 wrote:
I am told that Twin Forks has great prime rib. I wouldn't know both times we have drove from Bailey to try some and both times they are sold out... If you are not there by 4:40 forget about it. This time after going through both accidents/ road closures on 285 we arrive at 5:45 ask about the prime rib.... One end cut left. My wife was so bummed that we left. Seriously, if there is such a demand for this why can't you make 2 prime rib roasts and sell that much more? Most people don't even get off work until 5. When you call and ask to reserve some the answer is no. Not a big shocker, I do wish The staff would take note that there should be enough to last you till 6:30. Really disappointed.

We were there last Friday about 630 the prime rib was perfect! this is our new go to place. Wish we hadn't waited so long to try it!

Post Posted: Apr 15, 2016 10:49 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I have no idea of how many roasts they cook up when they offer prime rib and they are probably concerned of having to throw out left over roasts. But if they do have left over prime rib, a special the next day of prime rib sandwiches would remedy that so they will not have to throw out any of the roasts.

Post Posted: May 3, 2016 11:07 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
What is average price for a meal? How much does the prime rib run?

http://www.equinecpa.net
http://www.ruffrowranch.com

Post Posted: May 3, 2016 11:22 am 
equinecpa wrote:
What is average price for a meal? How much does the prime rib run?

You can view the menu from their website: http://www.twinforkstavern.com/

Post Posted: May 3, 2016 12:56 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
the website menu does not offer prices

Post Posted: May 3, 2016 9:00 pm 
Twin Forks Tavern offers a range of prices. You can eat inexpensively by ordering the Margarita pizza at $11.00. Full entree portions are priced between $13.00 - $24.00. There are a nice selection of soups and salads including the acclaimed bowl of clam chowder at $6.00.
The best Prime Rib in the Rocky Mountains is served on Friday evenings. It is a 32 ounce bone in cut served with a pound+ baked potato and green beans. Au jus and creamed horseradish are included as well as butter, sour cream, and bacon for the potato. The price is $50.00 per plate. Because of its large portion, many people choose to share it and still have leftovers to take home.
Plan to arrive early as it is extremely popular and sells out.

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next