It is currently Oct 22, 2019 6:28 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: TSAC Shipping to our NEW unit TODAY!
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2019 9:36 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Great news!
TSAC has been in frequent contact with our NEW unit of U. S. Army Chinook pilots and crews!
Our contact assured me that they will continue to pass along some of the goodies sent there to troops located in remote forward posts (with few amenities) when they deliver supplies in their Chinook.

We did a bit of shopping at Costco yesterday and today we got 8 APO Flat Rate boxes in the Post Office and headed to Afghanistan!
The total weight of these boxes was just a couple ounces short of 103 POUNDS!
Here is BGR at the Bailey Post Office with those boxes ready to go in and head off to the "sandbox!"

Please view the "list" in the "stickie" above in this forum to see the items requested by this new unit.

Please feel free to place donated items in the colorful TSAC box out west of the door to King Soopers near the Blue Rhino propane bottles.
OR - if you have a lot or can not get to King Soopers, Please PM us with your phone number and we can arrange a pick-up.

Flat Rate boxes went up to $18.45 each with the latest Postal rate increase.
Cash donated to TSAC will help us with the postage.
A very small percentage of donations will allow us to shop at Costco for special goodies
NO member of TSAC gets ANY compensation at all other than satisfaction of knowing what a difference these boxes make over there!
Checks should be made payable to: TSAC mailed to PO Box 1238, Bailey, CO 80421-1238
TSAC is registered with the Colorado Secretary of State as a NON-PROFIT Corporation and donations may be useful on your State income tax declarations.

Huge THANKS to all of you who care to support our troops in Afghanistan!
You can not imagine the smiles of those troop's faces when those boxes get opened.

Post subject: Re: TSAC Shipping to our NEW unit TODAY!
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2019 11:23 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
That’s awesome! Thank you for all you guys do!

Post Posted: Mar 28, 2019 6:22 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Here is a message from the "Sand Box" from TSAC's contact.
His name is Spencer and I have (and will in the future) redacted any possibly classified information for reasons of their personal security.

Mike,

Absolutely! Feel free to call me Spencer. We’re Chinook pilots so we are never big on the overly formal semantics of the rest of the Army!

We are very excited to receive the packages and I look forward to being able to provide you feedback from all of my guys here on what items were most popular.

I got your link to the TSAC page. Please pass along to everyone in the community our sincerest gratitude for their generosity and support. It is definitely appreciated on our end!

Take care!

-Spencer

This from BGR to pinecammers...
The 8 APO Flat Rate boxes mentioned in the post above should start arriving early next week.
TSAC has already begun to pile up snack and personal hygiene items for the next shipment to go out after we get word in the first shipment.

We have purchased 12oz bags of Kona Blend ground coffee and some of them will go in the next shipment.
Luna Gourmet of Denver (formerly "Boyers coffee) gives TSAC a $5/bag price with NO sales tax and SHIPS the coffee to our doorstep at their expense!
Absolutely amazing!
It is their "Coffee For The Troops" campaign which has been ongoing and helping organizations like TSAC for a number of years!
Their product will put any "ARMY" coffee to shame!
(If you would like to taste that coffee, it is available at King Soopers in Aspen Park and in the KS system.)

This Chinook unit has contact with remote outlying "camps" and other small outposts.
The previous Chinook unit took generous parts of the goodies they received from us out when they dropped supplies to these scattered units.
We expect this practice to continue as before because all of you generous TSAC supporters out there have given so kindly to our effort.
Trust me - these troops in the field are incredibly excited when goodies arrive from surprise sources such as all of you!

Mrs. BGR and I stopped by the TSAC box at King Soopers in Aspen Park and cleaned up the winter's dirt from the collection box.
Please feel free to put items in that box - or PM me and we can arrange to pick up your gifts at your convenience.

Thank you for your consideration and generosity!

The BGR's and all members of TSAC!

Post Posted: Mar 29, 2019 8:15 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
:love: :USA:

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]