It is currently Oct 22, 2019 12:34 am 

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Applications with no response
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
So I'm confused. I know you guys are resource challenged, but we've been waiting over a week - 8 days really - since we put in an app for several of your dogs. Your website says to expect a reply in 24-48 hrs, so we did a follow up call at the 48 hr point and were told to expect a reply in another 24-48 hrs.

Well it's been another 4 days again and have not heard a peep - and the dogs are still listed on your website.

We went ahead and adopted a dog from a shelter in Denver, who responded to our app rather quickly. Not the dog we had originally wanted, but a good dog non-the-less.

I'm 110% against buying puppy-mill pets at pet shops, and we would never do that - but your lack of response is why they exist. It shouldn't take weeks to adopt a new dog.

I wish you all success, but this has been very discouraging for our family.

Proverbs 27:19

Post subject: Re: **DOGS-DOGS-DOGS--ADOPT!!!** IMHS OPEN DAILY
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2019 4:27 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Sorry to hear your troubles, WarrenK. Almost all the dogs shown here have been adopted, so it is fortunate that not everyone is having the same issues as you. I’m surprised you say you filled out apps for several dogs, most people will pick out the one (sometimes two) dog they would want to give a loving forever home to. Many times an application is delayed due to the referrals listed not being available/not calling back. IMHS is very thorough in verifying the potential adopters of the pets in their care.

This topic is to show the dogs that may still be available at the shelter, but many have already been adopted or were not yet available due to needing to be altered or something else. That is why I specifically state at the top of each of my posts to call IMHS at 303-838-2668 for any questions. I also highly recommend meeting and spending time with a pet before adopting. Every time I call IMHS in early afternoon, I get a person, very rarely do I get their message machine and if I do I call back later. Also, to see the pets that are available, please visit IMHS.org, but you must have since you filled out several applications within a weeks time.

Please take your complaints elsewhere outside of this topic.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]