It is currently Oct 17, 2019 10:07 am 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Juvenile Steals Guns Sheriff’s Office Seeks Help (FOUND)
Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 10:11 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
From Jeffco Sheriff FB page

Juvenile Steals Multiple Guns
Sheriff’s Office Seeks Public’s Help
Jefferson County, CO. – The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating 15-year-old Kaiden Martin, a juvenile male who stole multiple guns from a relative’s home in in the 13000 block of S. Cedar Circle in Pine on the evening of Wednesday, June 5, 2019. Between 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Martin disabled the home’s security system, broke into a secured gun safe and stole multiple guns, a suppressor, and ammunition. His whereabouts are unknown at this time and a warrant has been issued for violations of pre-trial and bond conditions.
Kaiden Martin is white, 6’0”, 130 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. On May 21 he was released from Mount View Youth Services Center with an ankle monitor issued by Juvenile Pre-trial Services. The monitor does not have GPS capabilities, but is designed to alert the Juvenile Assessment Center if he goes out of a specified perimeter. Martin left the perimeter at 7:20 pm. He was at the detention facility for a similar incident that occurred in April when he stole a handgun and was charged with Burglary, Theft, and Juvenile in Possession of a Handgun.
Anyone who sees Kaiden Martin, knows of his whereabouts, or has information regarding last night’s theft is asked to call 9-1-1 or Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at (720) 913-STOP (7867). Martin should not be approached as he may be armed.
Kaiden Martin, DOB 6/15/03

Post subject: Re: Juvenile Steals Multiple Guns Sheriff’s Office Seeks Hel
Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 10:21 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Thank you for info ! Seems it never ends these days.

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 10:23 am 
missfrog wrote:
Thank you for info ! Seems it never ends these days.

I am praying 'this one' ends in the very best possible outcome for EVERYONE's sake.

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 12:01 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Oh boy. Why is there no end? Interview with a young man who went through both Virginia Tech and Virginia Beach shootings said something to think about: the problem isn't particularly guns, although that's part of it; or about mental illness, which is part of it; or video games, which are probably part of it--
What we need to fix is our "culture of violence" and people (especially young men) who can't find any other way of expressing frustration or rejection, so it builds to anger, then rage and finally to violence. Bullying in schools, domestic violence seen on news, Godfather movies as "cool" behavior, even the old Western movies that we love. Plenty of warning signs. A study in 1960s showed that violent TV didn't really affect kids unless there was prior exposure or propensity to violence in home; we could help by discussing alternatives, and when kids talk to each other it's even better. Makes me think about my response to jokes, what shows I watch, etc. Anyone else?

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 12:50 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
SierraLady, I would suggest that the "culture of violence" has been with us as a genus since, probably, homo erectus, at least. Certainly, school bullying and domestic violence are nothing new. Technology just allows such behavior to spread much more rapidly and with greater consequences. It seems pretty obvious to me that sentience does not by itself override basic animal nature; many people just give no thought at all to the consequences of their actions.

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 1:20 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Quote:
....What we need to fix is our "culture of violence" and people (especially young men) who can't find any other way of expressing frustration or rejection, so it builds to anger, then rage and finally to violence

I believe one of the problems is that a generation of kids has been raised with few, if any, consequences for their actions. Frankly, many are spoiled rotten (and sadly, some of the others are ignored). They've never been told "No", and they've been rewarded for doing nothing. I can't tell you how many times I've heard parents I've worked with say, "I want to be my kids best friend", or "No, we don't spank our kids" (I have a story about that one), or "I don't want to say 'No' to my kids". Due to this attitude, these kids aren't prepared to deal with the failure and rejection the real world will inevitably offer everyone. The sad result it seems, in some cases, is that they resort to what they've been inundated with their entire lives; violence. "Spare the rod and spoil the child" seems to be quite relevant these days.

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 1:26 pm 
This is off topic about jmillers warning about the young man being sought.

I agree with you keg, evil has been with us forever since the beginning of human behavior.

Perhaps, instead of old movies, westerns, etc. we might want to think about designations such as "toxic masculinity", the fact that boys are not girls and vice versa, and do not learn, act, or mature the same; that too many children, especially boys, are expected to sit quietly such as in:

What’s the Difference Between ADHD and ADD?

Quote:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common childhood disorders. ADHD is a broad term, and the condition can vary from person to person. There are an estimated 6.4 million diagnosed children in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Think about this: 6.4 million children. When did we stop understanding that children do not usually sit quietly and usually have short attention spans?

ADHD in Boys: What You Need to Know

Quote:
At a Glance

Boys are more likely than girls to struggle with hyperactivity.
Boys are also more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD in childhood.
When boys’ symptoms are dismissed as “boy behavior,” they may not get the support they need.

Boys, as do many girls, like to move around a lot and clown around, when did this become a disease?

Suicide rates are increasing among young males faster than females, there must be a reason for this.

But in the case of this young man, I hope he is found before he ruins his own life or someone else's life regardless of the background reasons for his actions.

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 2:37 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
keg--I SO agree. Jane Goodall who has studied chimps her whole life observed troops attacking other troops encroaching on their territory--even killing and eating the babies--extremely violent, and we share 95% to 98% of our genes with them. Anthropology/ sociology says violence increases when resources become scarce--competition and violence increase, like those overcrowded rats in a cage fighting for food and water. Look at human behavior nationally--China needs more rice paddies and access to oil in Indonesia; Ukraine has been Russia's "bread basket" for centuries (they can grow wheat) (also, Russia needed warm water port and has had its naval bases in Crimea for decades); North Korea has terrible droughts and starving millions. Oh, yeah, aggression is the result. BUT THESE ARE OUR KIDS IN A PROSPEROUS COUNTRY. Aren't we at a higher level of awareness yet? "Nature is what we were put in this world to overcome." Ergo religion, morality and education. Whatcha think we can do?

Last edited by sierralady93 on Jun 6, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 2:48 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Taranis--ditto--I SO AGREE. As a curious writer I once watched a bunch of documentaries on serial killers. Ted Bundy: HA HA I'm smarter than anyone and I can get away with it" (arrogant narcissist). Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer): "Why did I do it? Because I can get away with it. I'm really good at it, I want to do it." Others too gruesome or crazy to quote, but that's pretty much it--I want to do it, I can get away with it. No consequences. HaHa on you. OK these are extreme examples. But some kids are EMULATING THESE EXAMPLES by watching videos--especially Dylan Kleibold and Eric Harris. Ok, now what? Still up to parents and teachers? Peer group pressure to do good would really help. Your ideas?

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 3:01 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Tiller bee--now we're having a conversation. I SO AGREE. Seems lke boys are excused "oh they're just being boys." Girls are expected to sit down. shutup and do what they're told, which is what I definitely did NOT do (as you can tell!). I have ADHD too but you know what? Many corporate execs and geniuses have used their ADD/ADHD to accomplish great things (think Steve Jobs). Trump absolutely has it. We ADHDers need support to stay focused and on task. Often motivated only by getting punished or having a deadline with a reward And I agree about sitting in school for 5 or 6 hours-sitting still drove me nuts, but I graduated with highest GPA from my School at C.U. ADHDrs can also be intense, unshakeable concentrators. Why not diagnose it, then point them in a direction and guide them toward success?
Are we getting a good list going? I think so. Anyone else have a thought? And DO NOT say "throw the [censored word] kid into Riker's."
Although I think I mentioned a few months ago that testosterone should be a regulated substance. No--but GIRLS ARE TRAINED from childhood to be good, why not boys?

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 3:33 pm 

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 4:05 pm 
JeffCo Sheriff Office News, source of jmiller's post.

Quote:
Anyone who sees Kaiden Martin, knows of his whereabouts, or has information regarding last night’s theft is asked to call 9-1-1 or Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at (720) 913-STOP (7867). Martin should not be approached as he may be armed.

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next