It is currently Oct 18, 2019 5:16 pm 

Do you or someone you know need some help with a project?
Click here to contact the Neighborhood Action Team.

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

What are you doing this holiday weekend?
1. Finally planting flowers and seeds outside. 16%  16%  [ 8 ]
2. Just driving in traffic for the heck of it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. Driving to a specific location. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
4. Flying to a specific location. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5. Yard work. 16%  16%  [ 8 ]
6. Indoor projects. 20%  20%  [ 10 ]
7. Camping. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8. Napping. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
9. BBQing. 16%  16%  [ 8 ]
10. Enjoying glorious peace and quiet with others out of town. 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject: Re: Watcha doing this weekend?
Post Posted: May 26, 2019 1:28 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I got some of my flowers planted - I HATE getting dirty and sweaty but it had to be done! LOL

We already BBQd a hot dog :eat: then planted the flowers.

I did not get enough flowers..............so I'll be going back tomorrow for more. :roll: :thud:

Post Posted: May 26, 2019 5:13 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Girl stuff in the mountains. You know, things like fixing a broken window, cutting down trees, writing another opinion piece for the New York Times, shoveling soil into a ditch made by a driver doing a U-turn in my driveway--girl stuff!

Post Posted: May 26, 2019 6:41 pm 
sierralady93 wrote:
Girl stuff in the mountains. You know, things like fixing a broken window, cutting down trees, writing another opinion piece for the New York Times, shoveling soil into a ditch made by a driver doing a U-turn in my driveway--girl stuff!

BOOM SHAKA LAKA!

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: May 26, 2019 6:57 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I said BBQing but what I'm doing is "grilling" and will smoke something next week and maybe serve it with some BBQ sauce.

Mountain folk see the mountains when they drive.
City folk who live in the mountains only see the bumper of the car in front of them.

Post Posted: May 27, 2019 10:01 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I am working all weekend. "No rest for the weary...." I don't even get paid for it or my time back. Oh well. :(

Post Posted: May 27, 2019 10:12 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Very funny, Wily, that's how I used to feel at work 5 days a week. Now just a pair of comfy old jeans, sturdy shoes, T-shirt that says "I may be old but I saw all the great bands." No tattoos! This ain't the city, girl. There's work to be done before you can plant flowers! :thud:
So watcha doing this weekend :coffee screen: ?

Post Posted: May 27, 2019 11:42 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We are packing for the Troops! The boxes we are putting together contain the last of the stored items we have. Anyone who wants to give some thought to the meaning of this holiday weekend we are enjoying, might think about donating some items for TSAC's future shipments to Afghanistan!

The unit we are supporting right now is seeing more and more active flying and contact with our ground units in the "out back." Their needs are strong and appreciation great. Give some thoughts to this amazing country and how it has stayed that way over the centuries...
TSAC and the BGRs

Post Posted: May 27, 2019 12:12 pm 
sierralady93 wrote:
Very funny, Wily, that's how I used to feel at work 5 days a week. Now just a pair of comfy old jeans, sturdy shoes, T-shirt that says "I may be old but I saw all the great bands." No tattoos! This ain't the city, girl. There's work to be done before you can plant flowers! :thud:

I'm retired and my work IS planting flowers. :animated laughing: :animated laughing: :silly:

Post Posted: May 27, 2019 2:01 pm 
sierralady93 wrote:

I LOVE that T shirt! and so did I! I have tinnitus as a result but good times!

I put 3 plants in the ground, two to replace new ones I had just put in before the 20 degree snow weather crap....but 48 degrees is not ideal

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: May 27, 2019 2:25 pm 
Avoiding the mass amount of people that converge to our beach town with their illegal fireworks going off all night, and the smoke from their beach fires. Avoiding the highway, not going anywhere! Staying inside, cooking and watching old movies :)

Post Posted: May 27, 2019 5:21 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Amen beachrobin stay off them roads! Do you have weather blowing in today? We're supposed to get snow/rain tomorrow and Wed. Blah! The aspens still aren't out and I'm not planting ANYTHING until they bud.
Daisy--it's just me and the puppy and she's not old enough yet to work. Just a ranch hand at heart--after you take care of 2 horses at home, you can do just about anything! Anyway, the deer just eat my flowers. Altho I did pound T-posts a few weeks ago to make a fenced in area for flowers etc. if the chipmunks, pocket gophers and meadow voles will leave them alone. How do you keep critters away from your plants?

Last edited by sierralady93 on May 27, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: May 27, 2019 5:26 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Wily--love that T-shirt, there's a website called Collections that has 'em. I have tinnitus too in my right ear because my date and I always got to the nightclub late and I wound up next to a speaker that was bigger than I am. BUT IT WAS BOB SEGER!!!!!!!! and the Seger System before it became the Silver Bullet Band, on Woodward Ave, in DE-troit Mich. Wow did we ever rock! Every Sat. nite. P.S. I'm not planting anything until this stupid snow stops. Everyone is praying way too hard for moisture.

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next