It is currently Dec 12, 2019 2:38 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Thumbs Down: Aspen Perk Cafe in Aspen Park
Post Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:13 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
keg wrote:
wander wrote:
Sadly I have had similar experiences there, and swore to never go back, but given the lack of choices in the area, we do patronize the place once in awhile. A word of advice, don't order an Arnold Palmer!

I'm curious ... how do you screw up an Arnold Palmer?

See my post from 2009 on page 2 of this thread....

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:16 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
We still love this little gem and hope they do well in their new location. :coffee: :D

Post subject: Re: Aspen Perk Breakfast House (Merged Topics)
Post Posted: Feb 9, 2013 12:25 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Went to their new location this morning. Same wonderful food and service! Very busy, so service was a little slow, but very friendly and excited! So happy for them, Best wishes for continued success!

Post Posted: Feb 9, 2013 5:51 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Had breakfast at Aspen Perk Cafe (new location) this past week.
They were very busy, but food and service was awesome as usual!
Going to love it when we can sit out on the patio this summer!

" Horses are in almost every breath I take and watching them run and dance in the field takes my breath away. "

Post Posted: Mar 16, 2013 12:34 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
So our first visit to Aspen perk cafe, they close at 3:00 we come in at 1:00.
They were not busy maybe 5 tables and 4 wait staff. We waited for 10 minutes and had to ask to be served. After
The waitress argued over who was taking us she came over and said sorry we did not know you were here,
We sat in the front in the middle of all of the other tables.
We tried to order and when we asked to remove an item from a sandwich we were told we are not allowed to change menu items. Wow, really not a great first experience but a memorable Last experience.

Post Posted: Mar 16, 2013 1:47 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Looking forward to trying out the new location, as soon as I get a chance. We have always had great service, food and drink at Aspen Perk.

Post Posted: Mar 17, 2013 9:12 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Wow! No excuse for rude behavior.

We were there yesterday (Saturday) and they were pretty busy early (8:00 am). The service was great, food was wonderful, as usual and their policy has always been no substitutions. We noticed the new menu with all our old favorites and the prices were higher. To be expected, and we will return.

Often.

They do a great job usually. I would have asked for the Owner and told her then and there how you felt. Give her a chance for solution and she can teach her employees so it does not happen again. Owners Want to know!

Then you would have a broader experience to tell us about in this forum.

Post Posted: Mar 17, 2013 11:08 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
shadow38 wrote:
We tried to order and when we asked to remove an item from a sandwich we were told we are not allowed to change menu items. Wow, really not a great first experience but a memorable Last experience.

I've never understood a policy like this - especially in a small town restaurant. Heck - even at Burger King you can "hold the onions" or whatever. Why would anyone have this policy? The only reason I can think of is that they want to pre-make the sandwiches but that is usually not the case at a sit-down meal. Is it really THAT difficult for the preparer to leave an item out of a sandwich?

Post Posted: Mar 17, 2013 3:24 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
sunsetinthepines wrote:
shadow38 wrote:

I've never understood a policy like this - especially in a small town restaurant. Heck - even at Burger King you can "hold the onions" or whatever. Why would anyone have this policy? The only reason I can think of is that they want to pre-make the sandwiches but that is usually not the case at a sit-down meal. Is it really THAT difficult for the preparer to leave an item out of a sandwich?

Jack Nicholson movie, can't recall the name.."I'd like an order of toast". 'Sorry, sir, breakfast is over, I can't get you an order of toast'. "Well, can you get me a tuna sandwich on toast?" 'Yes, sir, I can.' "Fine, I'll have a tuna sandwich on toast, hold the tuna." Geez, what's the difficulty?

Post Posted: Mar 17, 2013 3:48 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I met someone at AP today at 2:00 and we had coffee. Mine was excellent, the Aspen something. They never asked us to leave at 3:00. They were putting up the chairs on the tables but some other people were still there as well.

Great service and no rushing us out. Never said a word and we stayed another 20 minutes after chairs on tables.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Substitutions I can understand not being allowed. Can you not take an item off? What if I am allergic to something? Is the customer expected to touch the item they are allergic to themselves?

We unfortunately have not been back since they relocated - going to that shopping center is going out of the way for us. I am very sorry they moved for that reason.

Post Posted: Mar 18, 2013 11:49 am 
All good points lcc - I hear some people at other tables REALLY getting into the "this substitution and that substitution and this on the side and that on the side" It's almost common anymore so I do understand it on one hand - but just to leave something off? Seems odd.

Can the original poster tell us what was asked to be left off? I don't care for mayo and if a sandwich had mayo, I would ask for it to be left off and it's not an easy thing to take off yourself. Something like tomato or onion would be easily removed by the customer.

I guess I just need to know what the item was before I would not patronize this restaurant. Generally, I look at these reviews and take them with a grain of salt.............so to speak.

But for someone just to say "it was bad food" with no other explanation just doesn't fly with me and I'll check it out myself.

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next