It is currently Nov 11, 2019 2:27 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 21, 2010 9:06 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
We went for breakfast Friday morning - what a pleasant surprise!

Our server was attentive - very friendly and we asked if could just sit and drink our cappuccinos for a few minutes before we ordered. She was accomodating and cheerful. She checked back at just the right time and we both ordered Huevos Rancheros - very very good and for $6.95? A very good price. The breakfast burrito was the same price which I find very reasonable.

The green chili is decent - not exceptional - but a good meal for a good price with excellent service - what more could I ask for? Nothing. Thank you for a very pleasant breakfast.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 21, 2010 10:04 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
I had to wait for work to be done on my car at Big O Tires at 8 o'clock one morning. I asked if there was a place to get a cup of coffee while I waited. They directed me to Aspen Perk. It was a 10 minute walk down the street toward King Soopers and it turned out to be well worth it. I had a GREAT breakfast!! The menu was more than I had expected -- all the regular stuff plus much more -- and the food was really delicious. And you get a lot, more than I could finish! The quality is a big cut above normal greasy spoon fare.

I don't know the owners and I am not associated with the restaurant in any way. I'm just a person who was surprised and thankful to discover this place! I've been back twice to meet friends for brunch and they have been impressed, too. I want to tell everyone to give it a try because I want them to succeed and stay around. We need breakfast places like this up here. Try it. You will like it!

Post subject: Aspen Perk
Post Posted: Dec 21, 2010 10:14 am 
Hi, DaisyLover, I just saw your comment about the Green Chili at Aspen Perk being just okay and I had to giggle. A friend I met there for breakfast recently ordered the Huevos and commented that she thought it was the best Green Chili she'd ever had! I guess Green Chili is just one of those "personal taste" kind of foods!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Dec 21, 2010 10:19 am 
Yes - I think everyone has their idea of the perfect green chili! It wasn't bad - just not the best.......funny huh?

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 29, 2011 8:36 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
This place is hot or miss for me. Sometimes the service is great, sometimes it is terrible. The food and coffee drinks are pretty good.
We went a few weeks ago on mother's day. The two cooks took lots of smoke breaks about 10 feet from the door, and the smoke rolled into the restaurant. It was gross, and spoiled mother's day breakfast for us. Whoever was waiting on us had no problem with the cooks smoking so close to the restaurant , and instead of closing the door like we asked her to, she asked us (including our infant) to move to the back of the restaurant. It's a big plaza- not sure why the cooks felt compelled to smoke by the front door.

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 31, 2011 9:19 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We went there Sunday and the service was attentive, but I thought the price was a bit high. We had one omlette, cinnomin roll, coffee and a latte and it was over $21. The food was good and we will be back.

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 31, 2011 10:04 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Bathlida wrote:
This place is hot or miss for me. Sometimes the service is great, sometimes it is terrible. The food and coffee drinks are pretty good.
We went a few weeks ago on mother's day. The two cooks took lots of smoke breaks about 10 feet from the door, and the smoke rolled into the restaurant. It was gross, and spoiled mother's day breakfast for us. Whoever was waiting on us had no problem with the cooks smoking so close to the restaurant , and instead of closing the door like we asked her to, she asked us (including our infant) to move to the back of the restaurant. It's a big plaza- not sure why the cooks felt compelled to smoke by the front door.

The smoke is quite bothersome.

Post subject:
Post Posted: May 31, 2011 10:38 am 
I really do have to agree about the smoke. When we walked up to the front door - 2 employees were smoking and when the door opened, the smoke was pretty thick and drifted in to the front door as we walked in. It was noticeable the smoke smell in the restaurant itself. We sat near the back and it wasn't as bad - the food is good and service attentive and we enjoyed our meal but haven't been back - not sure just why but the smoke is definitely a factor.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 14, 2011 7:07 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Went for breakfast. Very suprised!! Food and service was great! Not a smoker in site. Maybe the owner has corrected the problem.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 21, 2011 8:27 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Had breakfast there yesterday with a couple of friends. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The waitress was great and even offered to give us seperate checks. We'll be back!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Nov 6, 2011 3:51 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We have been here a couple time since they started their breakfast menu. The service & the food had been hot /cold. Recently, my wife had been there a couple of times and said she has been really impressed. Yesterday we ventured in with the whole family because we wanted a back up / place to alternate with DW's (Wing Wagon is no longer an alternative for a variety of resons).

They have figured out the formula. The food was fast and good. The service was always timely. We have a good alternative in Conifer.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jun 7, 2012 7:09 am 
I wanted to give a shout out to Aspen Perk. We have been going in for breakfast a couple times a month for the last year. Our food is always hot and out in a timely manner. Our lattes are excellent and so is the regular coffees. Prices are fair. Service was very good! Really enjoy our breakfasts with them.

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next