It is currently Oct 15, 2019 8:54 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 7, 2009 5:20 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Aspen Peak Winery is a wonderful experience. Great service, intimate dining, great wine. The owners are the staff--and it shows.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 8, 2009 8:03 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I don't eat out much anymore because the cost of living, but China Village in Bailey has very friendy service. They give you alot of food for the price. I walk out of there with a box of leftover food that I'll eat for lunch the next day. They have been around for years. I think they out-lived all the restraunts in Bailey!

Post subject: Beer drinking w/food...mmmmmm
Post Posted: Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
How about MGD w/a Cheeseburger loaded and gueditos on the side, or
MGD and Chocolate cake or
Juicy Sirloin, Crunchy bleu cheese Salad w/Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

How's that for beer drinking and eating?

My favorites anyhoo.

Post subject: food
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2010 4:11 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
My wife and I always go to the Fort on Christmas Eve, and every meal has been wonderful. We also usually buy the same wine, a merlot from.... Fess Parker's winery! Who knew a guy who wears a coonskin cap could produce good wine!?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 21, 2010 11:12 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I know its not up on the mtn but Café Prague is in my opinion better than the fort. Its spittle pricey but wonderful its located in Morrison. I also agree with everyone about people complaniy to much. Its very difficult to run a business hut its even harder to get established if the community is supportive the business restaurant or not will had a greater success I love had the options on the hill. Thank you to all the business owners who work extremely hard to give the community what we have :)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 22, 2010 4:04 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
So I have to say that I was up at a restaurant today and a party of 12 walked in, a two top, a single, and a 4 top in that order. I was sitting near the 4 top and they ordered an item that would take alittle longer and the waitress told them that it would take alittle longer and that the larger table was infront of them. They didnt seem to have a problem, but when a the single diner got his burger before the 4 top they threw a fit and walked out...i just had to vent to someone and say holy crap how rude!!! The poor waitress was like I didnt do anything wrong and these people left without paying for their salads or drinks that they already had! Its amazing how impatient people can be

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 28, 2011 4:04 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
For "most" of my meals there is nothing better than an ice cold glass of milk...lol. In fact if I cook breakfest the first thing I do is pour the milk and put the glass in the freezer. The only meal I drink alcohol with is steamed blue crabs and beer, but then that is more of a social event anyway as it takes a couple of hours to fill up on those crabs.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 28, 2011 6:48 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I am throwing a favorite dish of mine out for discussion. Pizza- there a tons of options and many have really different preferences. The all-time best pizza I have ever had was in Florence, Italy. But, being from Chicago, I would have to go with thin crust cheese (cut in squares, not triangles) with sliced tomatoes and giardiniera...

Anyhow.... What do u like? Think or thin crust? Chicago or NY? Stuffed? Also, would love to hear what your favorite pizza place is here in CO.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jul 28, 2011 10:49 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I like both Chicago and NY style, it all depends on the sauce....I don't like a real spicey sauce, more on the sweet side. I have been in Denver since January so I haven't tried a lot of restaurants, so far I really like "Chicago's" pizza....up here along 285, Anthony's and JJ Madwells are ok, but pricey. A lot of people like Crossroad's.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I've noticed there haven't been any entries for a while, so thought I would start anew, since restaurants have come and gone.

It seems to me one of the biggest problems here in the foothills with restaurants and down below is service.

Will you go to a restaurant because the food is great even though your service is quite lousy? Not me. I don't have the money to indulge like that.

I think a really good (not great) restaurant has the food, the service, the ambience and the cleanliness that makes your dining a wonderful experience.

When I have to ask for something, or find some other server to take care of me, then my server hasn't done his/her job.

What makes a good restaurant to you?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Nov 24, 2012 10:02 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Service is important, but if the food is poor quality, all the great service does not make up for a bad meal.

Fresh ingredients prepared with skill and in a healthy manner is what counts. In the Bailey, Pine, Conifer area, the only restaurant we have gone back to repeatedly in the last six months is Zoka's. And the service there is usually good as well!

Post subject: Re: Restaurants -- An Open Thread Reggies WOTW
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2013 12:08 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Anyone know what happened to the Will of the Wisp & why it never reopened? Thanks!!

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next