two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Jones Mountain Lodge, Conifer
Post Posted: Jun 4, 2019 11:05 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
MIRSH wrote:
Went for lunch but they were closed (Tuesday). Maybe they're closed on Tuesdays?

They are closed Mondays but they are closed for breakfast and lunch EVERY day as they are only open from 4PM to midnight. Strange but true.

Post Posted: Jun 5, 2019 9:03 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my gosh! Alot of us go out for breakfast, lunch and shop or head home. So that effectively eliminates us. They are right by shops & grocery store- perfect for lunch at least. Ah well, what do I know :hugegrin:

Post Posted: Jun 5, 2019 9:12 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
chakraz wrote:
Oh my gosh! Alot of us go out for breakfast, lunch and shop or head home. So that effectively eliminates us. They are right by shops & grocery store- perfect for lunch at least. Ah well, what do I know :hugegrin:

I'm with you chakraz - we rarely head out for dinner. We prefer to have lunch, then shop and head home around 4 pm - but, then again, we're old. :pounding:

Post Posted: Jun 5, 2019 10:24 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We had lunch there on a Saturday. I don't have time to check their hours just now but I'm pretty sure they serve lunch.

Post Posted: Jun 5, 2019 11:26 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Website does not mention hours of operation yet. Hours mentioned online: W-Th, Sun 4pm-12am, Fri-Sat, 4pm-2am. Closed Mon and Tues.

I'd be surprised if they're not open for lunch on weekends, but...

Post Posted: Jun 5, 2019 5:26 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Asked them about lunch on their Facebook page, this is what they replied yesterday:

"Hi we are open from 4-12 Wed-Thur 4p-2am Fri-Sat and 4-12a In Sunday. Currently we are not open for lunch until we get our team fully trained but we do plan on opening for lunch in Late June or early July. Also, our hours are posted on google and on our door.
Thank you,
Vincent"

Post Posted: Jun 6, 2019 6:45 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Thanks. Good to know. Lunch is the only time I would consider going there.

I can wait. Perhaps things will have improved by then.

I had such high hopes for them.

Post Posted: Jun 19, 2019 4:32 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
My college-aged daughter and I visited Jones Mountain Lodge in late May to scope it out for the rest of the tribe. There was a short wait, which we didn't mind, but the table that they eventually seated us was empty the entire time we waited. So, why the wait? There were lots of staff standing around in various stages of visiting with one another, but it didn't have the feel of a place where anyone had a sense of urgency or actually cared about the level of service that customers were experiencing.

The food was rather bland and neither of us would choose the entrees we had again if we ever do go back.

As others have said, I hope they get the right staff onboard and trained properly and find some cooks who can prepare dishes that are actually enticing. For now, we'd rather drive down the hill for Chuy's or On the Border than return to Jones in its current form.

I'll give them another try in a couple of months... if they are still around.

Post Posted: Jun 19, 2019 9:27 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
ev_hills wrote:
My college-aged daughter and I visited Jones Mountain Lodge in late May to scope it out for the rest of the tribe. There was a short wait, which we didn't mind, but the table that they eventually seated us was empty the entire time we waited. So, why the wait? There were lots of staff standing around in various stages of visiting with one another, but it didn't have the feel of a place where anyone had a sense of urgency or actually cared about the level of service that customers were experiencing.

The food was rather bland and neither of us would choose the entrees we had again if we ever do go back.

As others have said, I hope they get the right staff onboard and trained properly and find some cooks who can prepare dishes that are actually enticing. For now, we'd rather drive down the hill for Chuy's or On the Border than return to Jones in its current form.

I'll give them another try in a couple of months... if they are still around.

Is there something obvious I don't understand? Why would anyone open a restaurant without having a specific "head chef" that they know can cook successfully? That person would then train any other cooks helping out at the restaurant. It seems like recipes or "quality of food" would be one of the easier problems to solve compared to hiring help, paying the rent, etc.

Post Posted: Jun 20, 2019 8:58 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Tax write off? But then why go to all the set up work?

Post Posted: Jun 30, 2019 10:11 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Any good news yet? Surely they are over the normal start up problems by now. Positive comments?

Post subject: Re: CO Jones Mountain Lodge, Conifer
Post Posted: Jul 5, 2019 4:14 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I just had lunch today at CO Jones Mountain Lodge and the food was FABULOUS! After reading some previous comments that relayed some negative experiences, I was quite hesitant to give them a try...but so glad that I did! Most of you will agree that the first time we try something, chances are we won't be that great at it, right? Well hopefully you will all give them another chance! They are obviously working out those start-up issues that plague new restaurants as my experience today was awesome! We have all dined at those typical Mexican-style restaurants where the food is prepared from ingredients that originate from cans or pop out of the freezer! CO Jones Mountain Lodge uses the freshest and the finest ingredients and you can definitely notice the difference in each and every bite! Really really fresh! Everything is "homemade" from the tortillas to the refried beans! And you can tell that their heart is truly in making this a successful eatery in Conifer, as everyone onsite is "family" and is trying hard to get it right! So give them a second chance...you will be happy that you did!

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next