It is currently Jul 18, 2019 11:43 am 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Jones Mountain Lodge, Conifer
Post Posted: May 27, 2019 9:40 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We were not impressed but will try them again in a few months when hopefully they'll have worked out some kinks. You could certainly tell it was a learning experience for all the staff. Almost seems like they weren't ready yet, or just didn't have the proper training. The stuffed sopapilla sounds a lot better than it was. It was downright awful, not "Grandma's famous dough fried fluffy and golden" as advertised. The kitchen forgot the cheese, lettuce, and tomato and it took way too long for the server to finally bring it. Don't care for their rice and it was cold, although everything else on the plate came out hot. Green chili very bland. Husband's combo of burrito, enchilada and tostada was ok, but he thought Carreta Vieja is better. We went in the afternoon. Not many customers in there at the time, but we still had to wait about 15 min. as they said the kitchen was trying to catch up from the lunch rush.

Post Posted: May 28, 2019 6:59 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
We had lunch there over the weekend. I had the rellenos, Rova had the enchiladas with red chili. The green chili isn't burn your tonsils out spicy so if that's you preference, you won't like it. I thought it had good flavor (far more important to me than straight spice). The rellanos were nice and crispy and, again, tasted good. Rova liked her enchiladas. I tried her red chili, it was also tasty. Service was about what you would expect with a new restaurant but we are never in a hurry when we go out to eat so ... no biggie for us. We will definitely go back.

Post Posted: May 30, 2019 4:37 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Unfortunately our first impression was less than positive.

Can't speak to the food because we never got that far. Came in to try them out after work yesterday and there was a 20 minute wait. Excellent and good for them that they we're busy. Good to see that up here.

We had no problem waiting and wanted to wait at the bar and have a drink (spending money) until our table was ready. Pretty typical in any restaurant with a bar area really. We we we're told by the girl at the host station that we 'weren't allowed' to go wait in the bar area. There we no seats in the uncomfortable (and drinkless) area by the door so we went elsewhere. I'd like to come give it another try but strongly encourage that they reconsider this silly rule.

Post Posted: May 30, 2019 5:38 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
John Redcorn wrote:

Can't speak to the food because we never got that far. Came in to try them out after work yesterday and there was a 20 minute wait. Excellent and good for them that they we're busy. Good to see that up here.

We had no problem waiting and wanted to wait at the bar and have a drink (spending money) until our table was ready. Pretty typical in any restaurant with a bar area really. We we we're told by the girl at the host station that we 'weren't allowed' to go wait in the bar area. There we no seats in the uncomfortable (and drinkless) area by the door so we went elsewhere. I'd like to come give it another try but strongly encourage that they reconsider this silly rule.

Since a substantial part of the profit is made at the bar I thought the bar was there to make the extra money while you wait.

Mountain folk see the mountains when they drive.
City folk who live in the mountains only see the bumper of the car in front of them.

Post Posted: May 30, 2019 5:42 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Bobcat wrote:
John Redcorn wrote:

Since a substantial part of the profit is made at the bar I thought the bar was there to make the extra money while you wait.

+1

Post Posted: Jun 2, 2019 9:58 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
We have been looking forward to the opening of this establishment ever since the word was out. So today about 5:30 we stopped in for dinner. We were told that there would be a short wait and that was not a problem at all with us. Seats were open at the bar so we sat down. The bartender saw us walk up and sit down but ignored us for 4 or 5 minutes as he picked up glasses put them in the washer and was cleaning the back bar down ect. There were 3 others at the bar, so not busy at all. He walked right past us twice without any eye contact what so ever. After my wife got his attention and asked him if he was the bartender he said "yea" and threw (yes threw) down a couple coasters. The one in front of my wife slid down the bar several feet to the next seating space to her right and then curtly said "you want a drink"? in a very unfriendly way. The being ignored, the rude behavior and his very poor attitude combined with smart punk excuses ("it's been a long day" and "this is not my job") comments by him wiped out any chance of us ever going back any time soon. It's been a very long time that I have seen such rude customer service. We did speak to the manager and informed him of what transpired and he did want to resolve the issues but we were done at this point. I hope they get it together there. These types of employees may well ruin the chance they have at succeeding. For now we will be looking for positive comments or feedback from others on this establishment before giving it another try.

Post Posted: Jun 3, 2019 12:22 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Wow. I wonder why in the world people work somewhere when they don't want to. Obviously it is even a new job and you think it would be his job. I'm glad you talked to the manager because he's hopefully blown away that such behavior could happen at his place! Between the complaints there and them knowing it will get bad press will get their attention real fast.

Post Posted: Jun 3, 2019 12:38 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
The customer service on Sunday was a shock to us to say the least. Very unprofessional and zero pride in himself or his job. We dine out several times a week up here and patronize 6 or so different restaurant / bar and grille establishments in the Conifer and Bailey area. I really hope things get worked out as it will be nice to have another option for us. We rarely go down the hill but when we do we always dine out in town just to get a different offering than the usual we have up here. We wish them luck and hope they get things worked out.

Post Posted: Jun 3, 2019 2:59 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Even if the food is just okay, they could have a good business just by having excellent customer service.

It really doesn't take much to get the service right. Good training is all, then the bigger tips are usually incentive enough to keep up the good work.

But owners don't seem to know how to train and don't seem to know how to lay out their restaurant to make it easier to serve efficiently.

Maybe I should become a restaurant customer service consultant again. Many of the restaurants up here could use some help.

fireguy wrote:
We wish them luck and hope they get things worked out.

:yeah that:
Would hate to see that place empty again.

Post Posted: Jun 3, 2019 4:26 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Based on all these pinecam sharings, I'm amazed that they're still open. We've stopped by a few times -- including early on Friday and Sunday evenings -- and found the doors shut. Wondering what was going on, we checked their website, only to learn that it hasn't been updated since announcing that it will be opening in May -- and here they are still floundering in June.

You'd think in this day of digital communications, the first thing they'd take care of (besides actually opening) would be taking care of one's website -- because that's where folks go first these days for information.

So many folks were full of anticipation for this great location... it's a shame they're having such a hard time. It's not cheap to eat out these days, so we won't be spending our money on Jones Folly until we see on pinecam that there's been a turnaround and we won't regret the expenditure.

The hospitality industry is a tough one... We truly wish them well.

Post Posted: Jun 4, 2019 8:30 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
My wife,kids, and friends went to their soft opening. She said it was horrible.
Ordered burgers and fries and never recieved fries, food only half warm and not great. Bill was all wrong and was charged for the fries they never got.
First impression sucked.
We only go out to eat 3-4 times a month and it's never in Conifer area. All the options suck!

Post Posted: Jun 4, 2019 4:32 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Went for lunch but they were closed (Tuesday). Maybe they're closed on Tuesdays?

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next