It is currently Nov 22, 2019 6:43 am 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Twin Forks Tavern Open
Post Posted: Jun 6, 2016 7:31 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
No Power, No Problem.
Twin Forks Tavern will have power and be open on Wednesday during the IREA power outage.
We hope to see you for dinner. :exactly:

Post subject: Re: TwinForks Tavern
Post Posted: Aug 13, 2016 11:59 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
All I can say is WOW!!!! I am still blown away by the quality of the food and the exceptional service and dining ambiance. So, here's my review.

I went last night for Prime Rib Night. You will wonder why an over 60 grandma of 13 was out there trying to eat what literally looks like half a cow. Well, I'll tell ya. I have been battling very severe GI issues since early May that have gotten progressively worse and more debilitating and excruciatingly painful. Once a very active person, I am now virtually useless and will have very major surgery including organ transplant, hopefully before year end. It is often too painful to eat so I don't even try to do lunch out anymore, not worth the $ when you can just eat three bites. Most times I feel subhuman. But this past week was a good week so I decided to make a reservation and go. Plus I hadn't seen Roger + Diane (owners) in ages so would be nice to catch up.

I dressed in a nice outfit and arrived at 4:30, having skipped lunch so I could enjoy more of the meal. The decor is warm and inviting, rivaling high end Denver restaurants without being stuffy formal and a far cry from the biker bar that the place used to be. I wanted something to start, so tried the clam chowder. I'm from Boston and it is hard to meet my expectations. This was outstanding, lots of large chunks of clam in a creamy but not too heavy chowder base. Half came home with me for today's lunch.

The "cow" looks just like the photos on the restaurant website, may be better. Roasted perfect rare to medium rare, with a baked potato and green beans. I have never seen or eaten such a wonderful piece of beef, anywhere. Though I did quite well at it, most has come home n a box and will be my dinner for at least a week. It is large enough (2 lbs) for at least 2 diners to share and still take some home. Magnificent! Yes it is $50 per plate but you could not buy such a cut of meat in any store, let alone prepare it, for that price.

If you have a special occasion, I urge you to head in, run don't walk, early (on Friday nites only) for this feast. There are many other items on the menu, in normal sized portions, that I am eager to try.As mentioned in prior posts, Roger is in the restaurant on a nightly basis and the servers are attentive and very professional. Full bar and great wines for those who can imbibe.

In sum, this gem gets five forks from me. Twin Forks do not do it justice.We are so lucky to have a place of this caliber up here. No surprise that they are doing very well. Happy eating!

Post Posted: Aug 13, 2016 4:43 pm 
Good to hear! And good for you, sounds like a meal you really deserved :dancing:

Post subject: Treated VERY poorly at Twin Forks Tavern
Post Posted: Sep 3, 2016 9:01 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Drove all the way from Pine to Twin Forks Tavern on N. Turkey Creek on Saturday night because it was our anniversary and their website shows that they are open "Fri & Sat 4:30-9:30pm". My husband didn't get home from work until after 8, so we were happy to see they were open until 9:30. When we drove into the parking lot at 8:55, we were greeted outside by a waitress who said that their kitchen was already closed. We left and I called the restaurant and asked for the owner to let him know that we were extremely disappointed and that he should change the website. Much to my amazement, instead of being apologetic or even a simple "I'm sorry", he got very defensive and said that whoever did the website had it wrong; website was out of date; they close based on the business, etc. The reason for my post is not the fact that we did not get served, it's the fact that the owner did not care and was defensive and unapologetic.

Post subject: Re: Treated VERY poorly at Twin Forks Tavern
Post Posted: Sep 4, 2016 5:18 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Since when do you close doors when ever you feel like it? That's just wrong. They won't be here long.

Post Posted: Sep 4, 2016 8:43 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
We haven't been there yet but we tend to eat dinner later in the evening - not even going to try it now because I hate this sort of thing!

Post Posted: Sep 4, 2016 9:39 am 
I apologize that you were not able to dine with us last evening. Our web site and Facebook page had been set up a year and a half ago before the restaurant had opened and does not list the kitchen hours. And yes, that needs to be addressed. A sign at the front of the restaurant lists kitchen hours as 4:30 to Close. The bar was open until 9:30 had you wanted a cocktail. Business levels dictate when the kitchen closes and it can be as early as 8:30 or as late as 9:30. We value our guests as we do our staff. People tend to eat earlier up here than in the city and this particular evening hadn't had any late diners. It was a chance for our kitchen staff and servers to have a bit of a break after working very hard all week. However, I assure you that had you had a reservation and we knew you were coming that our full menu would have been available to you. When you arrived after 9 kitchen was closed and cleaned. Our server greeted you as you pulled up to tell you so you wouldn't have to get out of your car if you wanted to dine.
Roger did say that he was sorry to you but you were upset and I don't think you heard him. We are all very sorry that we didn't live up to expectations. We thank you for thinking of Twin Forks Tavern. We strive to provide excellent food with friendly, professional service.

Post Posted: Sep 4, 2016 11:38 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
At least you posted an apology, however there was no apology on the phone last night. It was immediate defensiveness. To quote your website: "Our doors are open--we look forward to serving you! Open Sun, Tue, Wed, Thur 4:30-9pm--Fri,Sat 4:30-9:30pm--Closed Mondays" Although it doesn't specifically say "kitchen hours", I took "serving you" to mean serving food. Regardless, in this day and age of the majority of people getting information off the internet, it does not serve the public well that the information on your website is a year and a half old and not accurate.

Post Posted: Sep 4, 2016 12:36 pm 
I thought info@twinforkstavern's reply was very professional and took ownership of the issue.

Post Posted: Sep 5, 2016 9:28 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Folks get their panties in such a wad over the silliest things! So they closed early. That's not unusual for a restaurant/bar. If there's no biz, they close. Pretty simple. You should have called ahead of time. I once drove to a gas station only to find the pumps were all shut down except for diesel. I never thought of posting my disappointment on pinecam. Hmph.

As for info@twinforkstavern, I'll repeat this every time: It's a losing proposition for a business to respond to comments on pinecam. Keep any postings to information only. Never respond to praise, insults, reviews, and especially hissy fits. You can't win.

Post Posted: Sep 5, 2016 7:39 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
mtree wrote:

As for info@twinforkstavern, I'll repeat this every time: It's a losing proposition for a business to respond to comments on pinecam. Keep any postings to information only. Never respond to praise, insults, reviews, and especially hissy fits. You can't win.

I have to disagree with this. I really appreciate it when businesses respond to customers in forums like this and I am MUCH more likely to support businesses that I know are paying attention to their local clientele!

Post Posted: Sep 6, 2016 6:05 am 
:yeah that: and their response should be carefully thought out - it makes a difference to me.

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next