It is currently Dec 15, 2019 6:51 am 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: TwinForks Tavern
Post Posted: Feb 5, 2016 8:40 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Yes! After selling out quickly last week, we have an extra rack in the oven today.
Next weekend, in celebration of Valentine's Day, we will be serving prime rib on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as well as Filet Oscar, New York Peppercorn, and Lobster.
Thank you for inquiring. We look forward to serving you.

Post Posted: Feb 9, 2016 7:04 pm 
We've eaten at the TwinForks Tavern and thought it was worth coming back. We thought it offered fine dining with the mountain experience. We live very close, so were excited to have a nice replacement for the West Ranch Grill.
However, we won't go back due to business practices that reflect a dining experience down in Denver. As we were driving home on a Tuesday night from Denver, my daughter needed a bathroom so we stopped by TwinForks. They refused to let her use the restroom. There was almost noone in the restaurant, and 3-4 people at the bar. Their policy is no public restroom use. This is antithetical to the mountain culture I've come to know after more than 20 years on the 285 Corridor. In the interest of supporting the open, reasonable people of this area, I WON'T be supporting this restaurant.

Post Posted: Feb 11, 2016 7:58 am 
We are sorry that our no public restroom policy has offended you and your teenage daughter. We have obvious as well as discreet reasons for implementing it. We are sad to lose you as our dining guest but this not so uncommon policy is necessary. Because of our direct highway access we constantly have all kinds of people pulling up just to use the restroom. We do not discriminate and hold the policy true for everyone. We never find it easy or comfortable to enforce. Some people respect the No Public Restroom sign that is posted and some do not. Please try to understand.

Post Posted: Feb 11, 2016 11:02 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Just around the corner she could have gone in the woods. It's a great skill to learn. Never know when you'll need it!

Post Posted: Feb 12, 2016 10:03 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I understand the policy of businesses only allowing patrons to use their restrooms. If I need to stop and use a business restroom, I always purchase something from the establishment, a coffee, soda etc... My wife and I thoroughly enjoy the food and service at Twin Forks, nice to have such an option in the foothills.

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather" - John Ruskin

Post Posted: Feb 12, 2016 8:14 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Just curious on the legality of denying restroom access? Anyone know? I personally am always offended by this when I see it. What are the "obvious and discreet" reasons for denying access? Have you ever traveled with a small child or an elderly person?

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2016 2:35 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Legality of denying restroom access in a PRIVATE establishment? Maybe I should just come over to your place and use your bathroom, the towels, the water, the soap--as long as you think it's a right.

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2016 2:35 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Oh, and can't wait to try Twin Forks! Sounds deeeeelish!

Post Posted: Feb 13, 2016 4:52 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
We haven't been there, yet, and it's only a couple miles from my house. We'll have to eat there this week. :)

how you made them feel.

We are all in this together. Not some of us, but all of us.

Post Posted: Feb 29, 2016 7:56 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
First time at Twin Forks on Sunday. Went there for a birthday dinner with a couple friends. It is 5280 Restaurant Week and Twin Forks is participating. The regular menu was available as well as the 5280 menu. Two members of the party selected a 5280 dinner and one ordered off of the regular menu. The food was very good from both menus and cooked to perfection. The service was excellent! We will be back!

Post Posted: Feb 29, 2016 9:34 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
We ate there about a week ago and we will be back! We ordered the polenta fries first, which was great. I had the meatloaf special and my wife had the duck wings and a salad with apple and goat cheese. Everything was excellent and the service was very good.

Post Posted: Feb 29, 2016 12:06 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Awesome dining experience! Super friendly staff and yummy food! Will be back, oh...and I wont stop there just to use the restroom. There is a port-a-potty within walking distance and being a mountain girl, i have mastered the skill of going behind a tree :)

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next