It is currently Aug 17, 2019 8:30 pm 

two free advertising topics per member allowed each week

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re:
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2013 1:05 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Booch wrote:
ChainSawGuy wrote:
Last time I was at Madwell's the woman behind the bar gave no hellos, no smiles, no thank yous. She must of been sick of slinging those $1.00 Keystones. I kept wishing I was at Brooks Place where they are always very happy to see people walk through the door, not make them feel like they are lucky just to be served.

CSJ

Oh, I remember "Chain Saw Guy" now. He was the guy infruiated by the Steelers stuff on the walls. Said he would never eat here due to the decor and got really nasty about it. I was wondering why he was mentioning $1.00 keystones when we have'nt had that special in almost two years. The mods locked the thread and erased his posts. This guy is a piece of work, he can't complain about the decor so he makes up stories about my staff. I tell you what CJS, why don't you just keep going Brooks, your not welcome here and we won't miss you. I like to go to Brooks as well, it's a great place. Hope to see you there.

-Tony

Tony,
He is probably a Browns fan :evil devil: , yeech!, I'd be unhappy too!!! :hugegrin:

Post subject: Re: JJ Madwell's Great Food and Service
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2013 9:02 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Madwell's is great! Excellent food and always outstanding service.

Post Posted: Mar 31, 2013 10:32 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
LOVE THE PLACE< GREAT PIZZA< GREAT WINE< GREAT SERVICE. I LOOK FORWARD GOING THERE TO KICK BACK AND RELAX!

Post Posted: Mar 31, 2013 3:00 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
We had dinner there last night. Everything was excellent. I had a flat iron steak, cooked perfectly rare. Perfect.
Vegetables were crisp, tender and plenty of them. Risotto was nicely seasoned. Clam chowder was very good.
Had a calamari appetizer, lovely.
Jeff had crab manicotti, couldn't finish it. I had half my entree left as well.

Wonderful meal, attentive and friendly server, Andrew.

This is the norm. This is why it's a pleasure to dine here. Thanks Tony.

Post Posted: Mar 31, 2013 7:25 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
"Tony,
He is probably a Browns fan :evil devil: , yeech!, I'd be unhappy too!!! :hugegrin:""
Um, as a Browns fan and somebody who grew up in Italian-American household, I reject your foolish suggestion. Probably a Raisins, ur, Ravens, fan. JJ Madwells has adequate Italian food. Best in the area. Great service; the servers really do care and hustle. Now if you want great Italian food you have to go to Cleveland as there isn't any even in Denver proper (what, no cavatelli?) so check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, eat at an award-winning food truck, hit the free Cleveland Museum of Art (as good as the Louvre), and then hit Little Italy for real food. But they don't have mountains (love that Green City on a Blue Lake though). We'll just see whose defense beats whose in the year ahead.

Post Posted: Mar 31, 2013 9:46 pm 
I refuse to eat in the dining room -- you are packed in like sardines and it is loud. When we go there, we eat in the bar and watch sports. And yes chainsawguy the bartender is surly -- have gone there as a single to sit at the bar and eat, and have felt invisible. Even had the vacuum under my feet and not ask if I minded -- please ask me to leave if you don't want me to finish my drink.

Post Posted: Apr 1, 2013 10:21 am 
Yep, sometimes when it's peak dinner time the dinning room can be close and if everyone is happy (and who wouldn't be with the great food and service) it can be noisy. Saturday it was 4 or 5 tables of quiet diners, you could hear the music and it was a lovely setting.

Post Posted: Apr 1, 2013 8:13 pm 
JohnSV wrote:
"Tony,
He is probably a Browns fan :evil devil: , yeech!, I'd be unhappy too!!! :hugegrin:""
Um, as a Browns fan and somebody who grew up in Italian-American household, I reject your foolish suggestion. Probably a Raisins, ur, Ravens, fan. JJ Madwells has adequate Italian food. Best in the area. Great service; the servers really do care and hustle. Now if you want great Italian food you have to go to Cleveland as there isn't any even in Denver proper (what, no cavatelli?) so check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, eat at an award-winning food truck, hit the free Cleveland Museum of Art (as good as the Louvre), and then hit Little Italy for real food. But they don't have mountains (love that Green City on a Blue Lake though). We'll just see whose defense beats whose in the year ahead.

JohnSV,
That was another poster commenting about the Browns, I root for Cleveland when they are not playing the Steelers and as far as the Ravens go, I married the biggest Baltimoron fan on the 285 corridor. AS I've said many times, Sports would be no fun if we all rooted for the same team. So come one, come all, everyone is welcome, even the vast majority of Ravens fans. Peace.-Tony

Post Posted: Apr 1, 2013 8:50 pm 
wakeupmaggie wrote:
I refuse to eat in the dining room -- you are packed in like sardines and it is loud. When we go there, we eat in the bar and watch sports. And yes chainsawguy the bartender is surly -- have gone there as a single to sit at the bar and eat, and have felt invisible. Even had the vacuum under my feet and not ask if I minded -- please ask me to leave if you don't want me to finish my drink.

Wakeupmaggie,

I can't appoligize for the dining room being packed, we kind of view that as being successful. However, vacuuming under your feet and not being treated as anything other thrilled to have you as a guest is not acceptable. We pride ourselves as being friendly and caring if not anything else. I highlighted your post and hung it behind the bar, in plain view as well as in the dining room. Instructions from me include absolutely no vacuuming until guests have left.

-Tony

Post Posted: Apr 2, 2013 10:56 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I've always been treated great! The staff at JJ's is the friendliest up here from top to bottom. I can't imagine any of the bartenders being 'surly'. Heck, they're all females! Anyway, keep up the good work Tony. Obviously, a packed house is a happy house.

Post Posted: Apr 2, 2013 1:26 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Booch wrote:
JohnSV wrote:
"Tony,

JohnSV,
That was another poster commenting about the Browns, I root for Cleveland when they are not playing the Steelers and as far as the Ravens go, I married the biggest Baltimoron fan on the 285 corridor. AS I've said many times, Sports would be no fun if we all rooted for the same team. So come one, come all, everyone is welcome, even the vast majority of Ravens fans. Peace.-Tony

I have done all that! I grew up in Cleveland and lived there for 18 years. But I am from Pittsburgh and good times or bad, I stick with the black and gold. And you are right the best Italian food is back there. JJs is the best food you can get out here and I have nothing but respect for the place, the food and the management.

Tony - I have a 1971 pendant for the Pirates if you want it. Not signed, but has some of the best names in real baseball on it. It would look good at the restaurant and its yours if like.

Post Posted: Apr 3, 2013 7:23 am 
Thanks so much, I'd love it.

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next