It is currently Jul 8, 2020 5:54 am 

Churches, post your events and activities in the Local Churches forum.
Local Businesses, post your events and activities in the Local Businesses and Services forum.

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 8:30 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I would never want to be in his place. He did all he could. He did the right thing. LOVE YOU Sheriff

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 8:58 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
It's done.
It could have been worse, it could have perhaps been a little better, but the Law personnel did the best they or anyone could do.
Let's get on with life and let them do their own critiques - they're the best qualified to do that. They're professionals, it hurts them very badly when everything does not turn out 100% right - they want to do the best. Do you think they sleep soundly thinking of what might have/could have been done in the recent problem or other problems? Even when it goes well, they worry about how it could have been done better. Any episode can be second-guessed by "Monday Morning Quarterbacks". If you think you can do better, then sign up with the county and try to do it. These folks do their best for us and lay their health and their lives on the line to protect us, they do the best they can. I commend them.

Thanks to the PCSO, JCSO and State Police personnel.
May the family and friends of Emily Keyes find peace after this tragedy.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 9:12 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Very well said

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 9:32 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
I went to school with Fred.... Doubt he remembers me,, but he did a great job. This is a something we all have to get through, Fred and all his deputies have all my support.. Thank You Guys,, its been so hard, a job well done, for all its worth!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 9:40 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
My folks live in Florida and they, as well as myself, are touched by the compassion and emotion that pours from Sheriff Fred.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 9:46 pm 
Well said Dkee, what a load on his shoulders he has had to endure! Its so tough.. He is a great person!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 9:57 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Mtn Tool & Equipment wrote:
I went to school with Fred.... Doubt he remembers me,, but he did a great job. This is a something we all have to get through, Fred and all his deputies have all my support.. Thank You Guys,, its been so hard, a job well done, for all its worth!
sometimes it is good NOT to be remembered by the Sherrif :hugegrin:
He did what he has trained to do, what he was elected to do, and what he is paid to do. And he did it quite well. Hopefully if he is offered public speaking courses he will decline them. He expressed himself quite well and the emotion was genuine.

Post subject: Thank you for saving our children
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 10:01 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
As a Mother of a daughter in High School I am eternally grateful to you Sheriff! You were a bold and courageous man that day. You did what you knew had to be done! I thank God that you stepped in to save those two girls. I am deeply sorry for what happened to Emily.
I am thankful for what happened to hostage number 2 who my daughter spoke with today for the first time since it happened and literally danced throughout the house as she has her friend. You saved her.
I absolutely greave for Emily. My daughter does too. She new her and had classes with her. She waited on us at the CT and was a bright spot in Bailey.
In addition to greving we are rejoicing.
Sherif you saved many children that day! Having volunteered as a counselor for battered Women and Children I just wanted to say that your heroic acts stopped that man from molesting these children any further. That is HUGE. You are a hero. You brought my daughter home. I will always be grateful to you! ALWAYS! My daughter wishes to thank you too!
God bless you with joy as everlasting as His love.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 10:10 pm 
Thanx to this great community. The sheriff, and everyone else, we are strong period....

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 1, 2006 11:22 am 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
I've finally taken a few minutes to talk to family and friends across the country.

My mother said the following of Fred...

"Just from watching him on TV I can tell he's strong, intelligent and caring. I feel like I've known him all my life".

I shared this with Fred yesterday but also wanted to put it in writing as one heck of a testimonial!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 1, 2006 11:55 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
We do not live in Bailey however our grown children do. It makes us proud to know that your Sheriff Fred and many other men and women there in Park County are there to protect and care for us all in the most distressing circumstances at any given moment. Other counties should be so lucky to be blessed with a man of such courage and strength as he.

God bless you Sheriff...and all the men and women who gave their best in the most horrific of circumstances. You did good!

:love: :policecar: :love:

Post subject: Support our Sheriff
Post Posted: Oct 1, 2006 1:13 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
I am employed at the High School, my daughter is a student, my sons, guided by Fred Wegener's superb role modeling, chose to become Park Co. deputies. You could say Sheriff Fred had my entire family's safety in the palm of his hand that day. He didn't falter and he didn't drop us, he held each of us including Emily not only in his hand but in his heart. I trust his judgment 100% and want a Sheriff that cares. We are a small community where your child is my child, my child is your child. We look out for each other and will continue to even though our personal world has been violated by an evil person, we will rebuild and someday trust the outside world again. It begins with random acts of kindness and the support of each other. We love you Fred Wegener, and are very proud.

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next