It is currently Dec 7, 2019 3:31 pm 

Churches, post your events and activities in the Local Churches forum.
Local Businesses, post your events and activities in the Local Businesses and Services forum.

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Sheriff Fred Wegener
Post Posted: Sep 29, 2006 3:13 pm 
New Poster
I believe he did the best he could with the situation he had at hand!!! I am so sorry for the loss and the tragedy to the Bailey and surrounding communities. It makes me cry!! I am upset that there are people judging the decision that Sheriff Wegener made!! I think he did what was right in trying to save both of their lives!! I also believe that this was handled so much better then Columbine!!

I don't know what else to say other then He did the best he could and did what was right!! And I am so sorry for the loss and tragedy that occurred at this school.

Love!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 29, 2006 9:17 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Fred,

I hope you read this. I can't even imagine what this week has been for you and your staff. I can only say that I believe in you, in your hard decisions, and in the abilities of both you and the law enforcement personnel involved. We were kids together, and although I now live elsewhere, I have followed your career closely over the years. Your county is very lucky to have a leader like yourself. May your healing come quickly.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 29, 2006 9:38 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
I can not even begin to express my gratitude for all of the responders. PCSO, Rescue, Fire Dept, all the surrounding counties that supported, SWAT, CBI, and so many others.

Also, lets not forget the victim's advocates that have counseled countless kids when, in fact, their own families have been directly affected. I am so proud to live in such a wonderful community.

Fred, it was an honor to shake your hand today. Please do not EVER second guess the decisions that you made on Wednesday. If you had made them in any other way, you may not have saved the lives of so many innocent people.

I pray for you and your staff and all for all of those directly involved that God may help you cope with what you have witnessed. I pray that there will come a time when you will no longer question the decisions you had to make and realize that the ones you did make were the right ones.

Thank you for your courage and your strength. This community admires you and is so thankful that you were there. Your competence made all the difference. Please believe this.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 29, 2006 10:10 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Violence can rear its ugly head anywhere, anytime. Fortunately, not often here in Park County. Law enforcement agencies in big cities see this everyday and have experienced these tragedies all too often.

For a sheriff of a rural community to suddenly have such a horrific situation placed on his shoulders, and to handle it in the most professional and caring way one could, is a tribute to Sheriff Fred's dedication to Park County. Tragic as Emily's loss is, think of the many more lives the Sheriff and his professional deputies, and all the other agencies probably saved.

Thank you to all of you. My family and I are proud to live here in Bailey and feel safe knowing you're always here for us.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 29, 2006 11:40 pm 
New Poster
Living in the Big city of Las Vegas, I haven't forgotten my small town. I'm very proud of my brother (Fred) for his integrity and dedication to his school & community. He handled this horrific and bizarre situation outstandingly!
I pray for all of you and hope you continue to support each other through this.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 7:22 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
God bless Fred and the rest of the responding team on that day. You all did a wonderful job in spite of the situation and, as a community, we are blessed to have you in our midst. It was a tragic day for all of us, and the way you handled the situation was outstanding. If it weren't for your quick thinking and organization, the situation could have been much worse. My prayers and support are with all of you.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 2:28 pm 
New Poster
I do not know Fred, but have listen to all of his speeches on TV as I live in Lakewood Co, and I feel this is not a man that screwed up. I believe he did what he thought was best for a bad situation. For the people that think he did not do his job, they should stop and think if they could have done it better. I doubt it! Good Job Fred I always believe that if the people that are saying bad things about you are important to you, then it should bother you, but if they are not important to you, then just let it go. Your friends are the people that matter and what you felt in your heart is what is right!

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Bailey CO, and special prayers to Emily's parents, brother Casey and they rest of your family.

May God Keep you in his Care!

dallen

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 2:41 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Thank You Fred.
Blessings to you......
Sean

Post subject: Sheriff Wegener
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 3:03 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
As I have stated in a previous post, " We have known Fred since he was a boy, have worked with him when he was a PCSO cadet, a PCSO Reserve, a PCSO deputy, and supported him for Sheriff.
We would proudly stand beside Sheriff Wegener any day!
From Henderson, NV
Bob & Judy Wood

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 7:07 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
I would like to commend EVERYONE involved in this horrific event. I have never worked with a more professional group, especially during such trying times. A big thank you to all outside agencies that responded to help. Agencies like Denver Police, Denver Sheriff, Jeffco Sheriff, Golden PD, Clear Creek Sheriff, Platte Canyon Fire, Platte Canyon Rescue, Elk Creek Fire, Inter Mountain Fire, CBI, FBI, ATF, DOW, Colorado State Patrol,and countless others that I know I have not listed. (there were honestly too many to mention.) As someone commented earlier Thank all the the unsung heroes. these people have been hit hard by the events as well. People like the Park County Jail staff, Park County Reserve and Auxiliary, Park County Search and Rescue, Park County Animal Control, Park County Victim's Advocate, Park County Human Services, and again MANY MANY more. These people all came together in a matter of minutes to try to stop this tragedy. I was going to name a few people that deserve recognition, but because I would forget some that also deserve accolades, I don't wasn't to leave anyone out. I also do not want to use any ones names if they are not comfortable with it.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 7:23 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
This is a note of support for the Sheriff's loving wife, June.
Not only is June Wegener an admirable professional woman in her own right, but it is she who comforts Fred in his sleepless nights and provides the mainstay of assurance that whatever he has decided was the right thing to do. No doubt he has leaned on her more than a few times during this ordeal.
Thank you, June, for your monumental contribution to the community.

Post subject: Sheriff Wegener
Post Posted: Sep 30, 2006 7:25 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
We support you and pray you will continue the fine job you do for the community. Thank you.

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next