It is currently Dec 12, 2019 2:07 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Christmas cards for the troops
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2005 7:44 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Do you still have Christmas cards left over from last year? We are going to send Christmas cards over the the 503rd in Afghanistan so that they can have something to send home to their families and friends. We need to do this as quickly as possible as their mail back to the states is really slow.

So if you have a box of unwanted cards please let us know and we will arrange a pick-up, or you can leave them at one of our many drop- off locations

The good news is that postage is free for the troops!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2005 7:59 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Location: There's no place like home.. There's no place like home...
Cool, bubs. I think I have an old box I can donate.

Also, FWIW, I can make a nice one we could print out from Pinecam if you want a special one. I don't know if I could swing printing them all out on my printer, though. How many cards are you thinking of sending?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2005 8:09 am 
Sedgemo thanks for the offer

We are going to send how ever many we get. I hadnt thought of making cards, but that is an great idea.
Quote:
Also, FWIW, I can make a nice one we could print out from Pinecam if you want a special one. I don't know if I could swing printing them all out on my printer, though. How many cards are you thinking of sending?

What do you have in mind

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2005 8:56 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Location: There's no place like home.. There's no place like home...
Bubs, I usually make my own Christmas cards on letter-size piece of paper. The "front" design ends up being 1/4 of the page, lower right. Greetings or sentiments are upside down, on the top left quarter.

Fold them in half, then half again for a nice card.

Maybe we could get color copies made? I usually just run a few out of my color printer but it won't managed hundreds of cards without exhausting the ink supply.

Maybe we can get some copies donated? Or some printing? I thought Printsmith said he was getting into the digital printing business, maybe he has some good leads.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]