It is currently Nov 22, 2019 5:10 am 

:eat: Looking for a recipe? Find and print it from the Pinecam Cookbook :chef:

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: 7 Bone Pot Roast - where to buy?
Post Posted: Apr 9, 2019 4:17 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I had a taste for a bone-in pot roast but no one seems to carry them. I called Safeway, KS, Gourmet Meats, and Sprouts, and looked online. Don't know why no one carries them anymore, but I always preferred the bone-in to boneless.

Post subject: Re: 7 Bone Pot Roast - where to buy?
Post Posted: Apr 9, 2019 7:30 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Love 'em. Got one in the icebox now. Safeway carries them.

Post Posted: Apr 9, 2019 8:22 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Tried Safeway - they said they only carry them around the holidays. Maybe I could buy some beef bones and cook it with the boneless pot roast.

Post Posted: Apr 9, 2019 8:42 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
KS has them too and if I remember correctly it wasn't too long ago that they had them packaged with all the goodies too! But, typically, I see them more in the fall and winter time.

Post Posted: Oct 7, 2019 8:42 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
It all depends on which part of metro area stores you shop at,,ethnic areas have more of the odd cuts of meat,,but most decent butchers will special order your cuts from their supplier,.My Brit wife does it alla time .

Post Posted: Oct 7, 2019 9:12 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Mopar wrote:
It all depends on which part of metro area stores you shop at,,ethnic areas have more of the odd cuts of meat,,but most decent butchers will special order your cuts from their supplier,.My Brit wife does it alla time .

Thanks Mopar! Recently my husband wanted to smoke a brisket so I asked at Sprouts. They said they don't carry beef brisket. I did find a large one, over 8 lbs., at KS and they cut a 2 1/2 pound piece for me. I never did find a 7 bone pot roast last spring.

Post Posted: Oct 8, 2019 6:55 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Boneless roasts/steaks are not allowed in my house (except as dog food, but even then...)
7-bone is one of my favs! :eat:

Roasting soup bones along side a boneless roast is not the same. Not by a long shot. But for certain crock pot recipes it can be a close second.

You are right that grocery stores don't carry bone-in roasts in their cases very often. However, Safeway butchers will cut to order. I suspect King Soops will too. You may have to wait 10 minutes but so what.

Sometimes they have already butchered and packaged all their meat so you may be out of luck re timing. I shop Conifer Safeway on Friday mornings and have almost always been able to get the cuts I want. (I think they get meat deliveries Thurs afternoon for the weekend rush).

Ask your grocery store butcher which day(s) are best for custom cut meat.

Good luck!

Post Posted: Oct 8, 2019 7:42 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
CooknThyme wrote:
Boneless roasts/steaks are not allowed in my house (except as dog food, but even then...)
7-bone is one of my favs! :eat:

Roasting soup bones along side a boneless roast is not the same. Not by a long shot. But for certain crock pot recipes it can be a close second.

You are right that grocery stores don't carry bone-in roasts in their cases very often. However, Safeway butchers will cut to order. I suspect King Soops will too. You may have to wait 10 minutes but so what.

Sometimes they have already butchered and packaged all their meat so you may be out of luck re timing. I shop Conifer Safeway on Friday mornings and have almost always been able to get the cuts I want. (I think they get meat deliveries Thurs afternoon for the weekend rush).

Ask your grocery store butcher which day(s) are best for custom cut meat.

Good luck!

I did try KS and Safeway but will try again. Thanks!

Post Posted: Oct 8, 2019 7:46 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Try Safeway. They have butchers in store, unlike KS. If you call ahead I’m betting they can provide what you are looking for.

Post Posted: Oct 8, 2019 10:17 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
If you go down the hill try "Tony's Meat Market" There is multiple stores, I like the one in Littleton and have always liked their meat.

The concept that the Bill of Rights and other constitutional protections against arbitrary government are inoperant when they become inconvenient or when expediency dictates otherwise is a very dangerous doctrine and if allowed to flourish would destroy the benefit of a written Constitution and undermine the basis of our government. Justice Black

Post Posted: Oct 8, 2019 11:16 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
eurotrader wrote:
If you go down the hill try "Tony's Meat Market" There is multiple stores, I like the one in Littleton and have always liked their meat.

I agree. Call Tony’s Meats in Littleton. They can order it and cut it just for you. May take a few days. You will pay a pretty penny though. They aren’t cheap.

Post Posted: Oct 8, 2019 11:23 am 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
This might be an option to have your beef cut the way you like it.

http://www.pinecam.com/forum/viewtopic. ... f#p1822158

GrassBeef wrote:
Colorado Mountain Cattle LLC has grass fed beef for sale, heading to the butcher this October.

Our cattle are locally raised here in Conifer and are provided direct to the consumer, therefore you know exactly where your food came from. Our animals are all natural, grass feed and grass finished. We don't feed any grains or use antibiotics, hormones, or steroids. Our goal is to provide you with ethically raised meat that has not been exposed to the conditions of typical feedlots.

Our cattle comes from a strong bloodline and is truly great meat. We offer custom butchering so you can choose exactly how your share is cut and packaged. In addition we utilize a 21 day dry aging process for better flavor and tendering.

We provide shares in quarter increments and are asking $6.50 per hanging pound. Most quarters come to 100-140lbs. Butchering costs are about $1 per lb(varies slightly based on cutting instructions). Halfs and wholes are also available at $6.40/lb and $6.30/lb

Please contact us with any questions or check out our website and place your reservation deposit online. Once we have received your deposit we will send you a butchering instruction sheet so you can customize your order.
303-351-2232

http://www.ColoardoMountainCattleCompany.com

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next