It is currently Apr 5, 2020 2:53 am 

Churches, post your events and activities in the Local Churches forum.
Local Businesses, post your events and activities in the Local Businesses and Services forum.

Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 7:24 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Another question, on their site it says "BBFC distributes produce baskets, organic produce baskets, artisan bread and sandwich bread every other week," what is the difference between the regular basket ant the organic one? Does the organic cost more/ is there a way to get only organic produce?Thanks!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 7:29 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I signed up! I think. No confirmation page after submit. :lol:

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 8:00 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
pinion wrote:
Another question, on their site it says "BBFC distributes produce baskets, organic produce baskets, artisan bread and sandwich bread every other week," what is the difference between the regular basket ant the organic one? Does the organic cost more/ is there a way to get only organic produce?Thanks!

Their Web Site says:
The contribution is $15.00 per basket. The organic upgrade is $10.00 for a total of $25.00. The amount for add-ons varies depending on the item. The first time basket fee is $3.00, and the processing fee is $1.50, which must be paid every time you contribute. Your entire contribution is spent on food, so the $1.50 is necessary to cover card processing, servers, and other expenses.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 8:51 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Great job getting a Bountiful Baskets site opened up here in the hills! I'll keep an eye out for when it is up and running. Will it be indoors for the winter?

I've participated in BB since last February and absolutely love it. We're eating a lot more veggies and trying new things every week. If any of you have Facebook, look up the Bountiful Baskets FB page, there's also one specifically for Colorado.

This is what is being offered this week at the Golden site:

When the order page opened yesterday, there was also a case of Honey Crisp apples 40 lbs for $33.50, but all the cases must be taken up now.

First Time Basket $3.00
Upgrade your BASKET ONLY to 100% Certified ORGANIC Basket $10.00
Veggie Lovers Pack - Italian Theme - Add extra veggies to your basket! Making dinnertime fun! (Max 5)$8.50 ea
ORGANIC Original Sweet 9 Grain Bread - 5 loaves - Contains Wheat. Baked in a facility with nuts. (Max 5) $12.00 ea
Tropical Granola - 28 oz - Oats, Honey, Sugar, Coconut oil, dried Pineapple, dried papaya & moreContains Coconut, Macadamia Nut.
(Max 5)$10.00 ea
Harvest Pack - Hoping for 2 pie pumpkins, 2 extra small pie pumpkins, mini and large indian corn, Tiger Stripe & Carnival Squash (Max 5)$16.00 ea
Pumpkin - Approx basketball size (Max 5)$3.50 ea
Pomegranate - from California Approx 22 lb(Max 5)$18.50 ea
Decorate Your Own Halloween Cookie Pack $10 (approx 16 cookies 4 Icings) shapes will be pumpkin, bat, tombstone, frankenstein
(Max 10)$10.00 ea

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 9:07 am 
Signed up, but didn't see a place to indicate I would be part of the Bailey group.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 9:14 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Where does the produce come from? I looked on the site but didn't see anything there about where it's grown or baked?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 3:06 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
TexasRose,
Now that you have signed up, you need to go back to the BB page on November 5, starting at 12 noon. Click on the Participate Now button, scroll down to the bottom to find Colorado. Then you'll need to select the county. If Park County shows up, then you'll know the site is up and running. If it isn't, you should sign up for a basket in Jeffco at Golden High School, so you can get started!

Sundancer,
The fruits and veggies come from all over, but they try to select them from as close to us as possible. Bananas for example come from small farmers in Mexico. During peach season, I was disappointed that our peaches came from California, not CO, but they were still excellent.
I have never gotten the bread, because it is made on shared equipment and we have a peanut/nut allergy in the house. Everyone raves about the bread, so I can just about guarantee that it's awesome. The granola is really good too. Recently they had dried cherry and pecan granola. Yum.
Here's a link for the produce: http://blog.bountifulbaskets.org/2011/0 ... come-from/

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 3:15 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
MellowYellow,
There are only the one size of baskets, but the organic basket (comes in a box) contains a bit less produce, due to the higher cost. Your best bet would be to share it with another family if you think you can't get through all of it.

To give you an idea, this is what I got in my basket last time:
grape tomatoes
green leaf lettuce
3 acorn squash (I got one for volunteering)
6 large russet potatoes
celery
pineapple
red grapes
25 seckle pears (little ones)
7 bananas
2 lemons

We were supposed to have about 12 seckle pears and about 4-5 Asian or apple pears, but our site got a double quantity of seckle pears instead.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 6:53 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
i signed up too.

Post subject: Not sure I get it
Post Posted: Oct 23, 2012 8:04 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
It says that a basket is $15, but the price for the Italian Veggies is $8.50. Is that a separate item? How do I know what it includes?

Also, I read that there is less produce for the organic basket due to costs or organic, but there is already a $10 upcharge for organic so shouldn't the quantity of food be equal?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Oct 24, 2012 9:18 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Serendipity, the quantity of produce between the regular and the organic is pretty close, but generally a little bit less than the regular, but not by much. Sometimes the organic has a bit more though =) Another thing to keep in mind, sometimes you get organic stuff in the regular basket.

The Italian Veggie pack is an extra item. It's for when you want more produce! Other veggie add-ons are Asian, Mexican, Fajita, Herbs... Can't think of the others off hand. It's a great deal for only $8.50. There may be a Hostess theme pack for the holidays, things that would be handy for the holiday meal. (crossing fingers)

Veggie Lovers Pack - Italian Theme - Add extra veggies to your basket! An Italian-themed variety to fill out your dinner table. This will have ingredients that lend themselves to Italian food recipes. We never know exactly what until closer to Saturday to keep the items fresh, but often garlic, oregano, rosemary, yellow and red onion, zucchini, regular mushrooms and eggplant.

Post subject: This is perfect timing
Post Posted: Oct 24, 2012 9:32 am 
New Poster
I signed up too!!!

Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next