It is currently Feb 21, 2020 6:19 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: BARKland Ranchettes
Post Posted: Jul 19, 2019 8:32 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Yep. No misspelling. BARKland Ranchettes. Been having a wonderful time. Barking dogs start way early in the morning (5:30 am), quiet down a bit, then start all over again. Now 10:00 pm and dogs still barking. That won't stop any time soon. Maybe around 2:30 am I might hear some silence. Unbelievable. Would never recommend living in Burland.
Some "neighbors" do not appear to have respect for others. Babies, youngsters, or any other folk who require sleep.
Been here 20 years. Yes, I do talk with my immediate neighbors frequently. Have a really good relationship with all of them. It's other folks, not near by. The terrain in Burland creates quite a megaphone. I wonder what the people who live close to those barkers think or do.
Have a good night's sleep. I am sleep deprived and cranky (obvious conclusion)
My area is along Sleepy Hollow/Buckskin/Bunny Lane/Juniper Lane. That area.
Yes, after 20 years, seriously looking into moving. Have had dogs and other critters all my life. Experiences in Burland (Barkland) were good at first. Past 10 years, not so good. More and more undisciplined/untrained dogs. Simply abandoned and frustrated. Left at home, alone. Waiting for someone to eventually come home to feed them, give them water, give them attention. Provide shelter from heat or cold.

Only thing keeping me here is financial. Hope I can rectify that situation quickly......I would rather keep my mind and inner peace than money.
Dogs still barking.... guess I will close all the windows, go to bed and place two pillows over my head.

Last edited by RivaRafta on Jul 19, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: BARKland Ranchettes
Post Posted: Jul 19, 2019 9:03 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
I am sorry that you are experiencing this. We have been fortunate in Conifer (Green Valley Ranch) to have a few barking dogs over the years but not for long periods of time; most likely barking at wildlife passing by.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 3:54 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Truly annoying. Fortunately, we have not experienced that in the Ranchos. Have you tried working with the neighbors who are probably also annoyed? Doesn't Burland have an association that could address this?

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 6:05 am 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Sorry to hear the barking is still so bad there. That's one of the reasons I left there 11 years ago. I know that even some real estate agents have called it Barkland for years. I'm a bit surprised that the HOA hasn't done something because it really does affect the value and appeal of living there-its a great area. PCS is pretty much useless, they won't do anything.
Dog Barking: Easily one one of the most annoying things about living around here.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 6:12 am 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
You may want to generate some white noise using a floor or window fan to cancel the barking (but you shouldn't have to). Of course then you can't hear the birds or the breeze through the pines which isn't great either.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 6:50 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
You may want to call animal control and also look up Park County barking dog laws to see if anything has changed. Years ago we had a problem with a neighbor who owned 12 dogs (mastiffs) that barked 24/7...literally for years. Sadly our past Sheriff did absolutely nothing to resolve this issue. Because of constant barking (long story short,) I drove another neighbor to the hospital. She ended up with shingles and was having a borderline stroke. Mentally distraught and sleep deprived she was.

The info below may help.

PARK COUNTY, COLORADO
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
Resolution No. 2008____

A RESOLUTION REPEALING AND REENACTING SECTION 15 OF RESOLUTION NO. 95-11 RELATING TO BARKING DOGS.

BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF THE COUNTY OF PARK, STATE OF COLORADO, that the following Resolution is hereby adopted.

Section 15 of Resolution No. 95-11 is hereby repealed in its entirety and reenacted to read as follows:

15. Barking Dogs.

a. It is unlawful for any person to own or keep any dog which disturbs the peace of any other person or neighborhood by loud, habitual, untimely or persistent barking, howling, yelping, or whining. Any peace officer may impound such dog if the peace officer is unable to contact the owner or keeper of the dog and the officer reasonably determines that the dog is disturbing the peace of the neighborhood.

b. It is an affirmative offense to a charge under this section that the dog was barking due to provocation.

Moved, seconded, and approved this 29th day of May, 2008.

PARK COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS

ATTEST:

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 7:25 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Riva, I totally know what you are talking about. We are hearing the exact same dog, one in particular. There are a number of dogs who bark randomly ( even our own will bark randomly but they are indoors and we rectify it) but there appears to be one specific dog who barks early and often. It's a rhythmic bark of about four or five barks, with a second or two break, then repeats. It's a medium sized to larger dog. We live on Chickadee and it is coming from your general direction. Last year and the year before, I was so aggravated that one night, I went out on foot to try and walk to where the dog was but as soon as I went down the hill, I couldn't hear it as well. Another night, I got in my car and drove around to try and locate it but was not successful. It seems the dog starts barking about 6 or 7 PM in the evening and oftentimes is still going full tilt until at least midnight or later. We have also wondered how the immediate neighbors deal with this. Maybe you and I can talk privately and put our heads together to figure it out. I am willing to talk to the owner and also work with animal control, if necessary.

About three years ago, we had another dog, much closer to our house, who did the same thing. I was actually able to walk to the area where the dog was barking but could actually not go right to the property as it was the next ridge over, so to speak. This was during the day. I bumped into a neighbor whose house was right down the embankment from the house with the barking dog and I asked this person about the dog. His response was " I have four kids here trying to sleep at night so imagine how enjoyable this is for US". I think he must have confronted the owner as the barking stopped shortly after that.

I think most of us try to be good neighbors and are willing to work with people to help them rectify why the dog is barking. Some people are very hostile and defensive when approached though. Maybe we will get lucky and figure out which house and the person is simply clueless and will work with us. Hope springs eternal.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 7:34 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
I feel your pain. I LOVE dogs, but persistent barking is so annoying!! White noise machines do help.

Someone who allows their dog(s) to bark all night is NOT trying to be a good neighbor. However, they may work at night and not be aware of how bad the problem really is.

I would call Park County Animal Control. (719) 836-4125

But you need to know the specific address of the barking dogs. They do not have the time to try and figure that out for you.

If the dogs are keeping you awake anyway, a drive around the neighborhood should not be too troubling for you. Then call Animal Control in the morning. If you can get others to call in with the same addresses then you'll get faster results.

In my neighborhood, a few of us kept calling, and the offender got fined repeatedly. The offender finally found a way to solve the problem to avoid further fines. ;)

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 8:19 am 
If it is one dog, I feel pain for the dog. it is suffering if it is constantly barking. if the owners are ignoring the dog, they should not own one.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 8:51 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:
If it is one dog, I feel pain for the dog. it is suffering if it is constantly barking. if the owners are ignoring the dog, they should not own one.

I totally agree!!

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 9:17 am 
if you can ID the house and dog, call animal control to go do a welfare check

Post Posted: Jul 20, 2019 9:29 am 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
If I was In Charge Of Things (oh, how I wish), I would (somehow) devise a very restrictive test that any prospective pet owner would have to pass before being allowed to acquire a pet.

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next