It is currently Jul 11, 2020 8:08 am 

If you are looking for a new pet, click here for pets for needing adoption, rescue, or for sale.
Click here for lost/found pets and click here for pet related advertisements.

Image Rainbow Bridge page Image Add your fur baby here Image

Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 24, 2006 8:40 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Jmiller, so sorry to hear that. Goodbye Danushka, from all of us here at the paca palace.
paca, oreo, speckal, and CJ the cat.

Post subject: Tribute to departed pets
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2006 8:29 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
So sorry for your loss JMiller. Your kitty sounded very sweet, and it's apparent she was loved very much.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2006 10:24 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Thank you friends and fellow cammers for your thoughtfulness. I have to say, particularly to Mias Mom; Danushka could be very sweet, she was social, not timid around strangers and enjoyed attention and affection, of course she was Madame, The Great Danushka and was entitled to all of that. She was very sure of herself. She was also the most trying animal I have ever come across. Whether it was eating my orchids or African violet blossoms, or jumping up and strolling across the stove to snatch a bratwurst from the frying pan, while you stood right there, or peeing in the potted plants, or insisting on kneading your belly while she indulged you with her company and sat on your lap so you could enjoy petting her, then she would, out of nowhere dig in her claws...
She was pretty tough on me and she gave my dog some trouble, six pound cat running a 50 pound dog out of her own food dish, Libby would look at me in dismay. I would pick up Nush and move her away, and Nush would scold and complain, if you just tried tried to scoot her away with your foot she would hiss and take a whack at you.
I am realizing how much of my day was concerned with her, especially in her declining years, she ate six times a day, I was always changing her water , scooping her box, cleaning up after her when she threw up, doing her nails, washing her face, I was owned by her. I'm wondering what to do with all this free time now...
I did buy a new orchid today...I'm remembering the days when Nush was nice to me.
I miss the little wench...

Post subject: tribute to departed pets
Post Posted: Aug 25, 2006 11:20 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Don't we always remember the GOOD things about our pets (and humans) after they have passed? We miss those happy days, and the bad ones usually fall to the wayside when we start to reminisce.
I honestly didn't know all you have been through with her, but by the way you worried about her, I only sensed the sweet side.
My own kitty is mostly sweet, in his own way. I tend to forget his horns ( and claws) come out once in a while. LOL
As for your spare time? Maybe you will adopt another in the future???
Best of wishes to you.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:25 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
Jmiller...heart and light to you at the crossing of your little "Queen of the House".

I followed your heartbreaking search for her when she went on her little adventure and rejoiced with you when she returned home. Whether they are sweet or trials (I have one of each myself) they fill us up in ways only they can and seem to know exactly what we need (even when we don't). What a blessing that you could be with her as she crossed. She will always be with you.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 1, 2006 12:49 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Jmiller, hang in there. Know that all the love you gave paved the stones of her life; guided her path, and gave her the love she needed.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 2, 2006 10:30 am 
Thank you, Rose and Gertie. We are doing okay here. My little puppy, Moab is more then filling in the gap left when we said good bye to Nush. I'm grateful for having had the honor of serving Danushka until it was her time to leave...although all of her didn't go yet, I'm still vacuuming up some Nush hair...

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 14, 2006 10:19 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Leo
8/98-9/06

The big, sweet, lovable dog.
He touched so many lives, each one of us has a special connection to him, a cool story about him. Every body who met him loved him. He made us feel safe, needed, protected, happy. He knew when you needed a friend to just sit with, he would stay with the children when they were out side and watch them. He always knew where they were, and would never let them come to harm. He was the first to size up a person and the first to accept them. He would never hurt a fly, but I would never want to have seen someone try and hurt his family, he would stand between you and what he saw as danger hackles raised and just growl. That was always enough no body is going to challenge a 120# German Shepherd, no way. You knew that the mere site of him was better than any alarm system, but once a person got to know him, well lets just say big, harry, bunny rabbit. There was not a mean streak in him, always gentle and sweet, quiet, half the time you didn?t even know he was there. He always wanted to be in the room with the family, out with the pack. He never wanted to be left out of anything. Loved when people visited, it always meant extra pets for him. People loved to look at him, big and majestic, he looked the way people think a big strong dog should look proud, powerful. Wonderful, sweet Leo. We will miss you, you take our hearts with you.
Goodbye My Friend?.

"The only fault a good dog has is that they never live long enough."

"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway." -Mother Teresa Of Calcutta

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20745

Last edited by Natalie on Sep 14, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 14, 2006 10:25 pm 
I'm so sorry Natalie. We never have those kinds of friends long enough. I know how sad this time is. My prayers for your "pack" at Leo's passing.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 14, 2006 10:27 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
Natalie - Sorry to hear this. The paca house is sad and sends our thoughts of a safe journey across that rainbow bridge for Leo

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 14, 2006 10:36 pm 
Thank You!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Sep 15, 2006 7:20 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Natalie, I know how hard it is to say goodbye to Leo. Know that I'm thinking of you and your family. Sending big hugs your way,

Jeannie

Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next