It is currently Jan 27, 2020 3:25 am 

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 8, 2004 5:18 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Different Ways to Contribute to the Troops

If you are looking for different ways to express your support for our adopted 45th Infantry Brigade, here are some suggestions:

1. Pen Pal: Consider writing open letters to be inserted into the goodie bags. This would be a wonderful way to show your appreciation for their sacrifices. Just write yout letters addressed to Any Soldier. We will distribute them among the bags donated by the rest of the folks. Keep your letters warm and appreciative. That's what the troops are in need of the most.

2. Sponsors Fund: Consider pledging the cost to ship a single box or an entire shipment. (A box costs approximately $50 in packing and postage.) Because of size restrictions, it may be necessary to mail two or three boxes in one shipment. A simple PM to any one of the Moderators or to PCG personally would place you on the Sponsors List. When a box or a shipment of multiple boxes is ready to mail, we will contact you via PM. You can then send your donation covering a box or all of the shipment, your choice. We will post a Thank You note to announce your generous contribution once the shipment has been mailed. If you prefer anonymity, of course, we will respect that as well.

3. General Support Fund: Consider sending a donation to support to the General Support fund. These donations would be used to pay for postage or to purchase items that the soldiers have asked for but have not been contributed. As with the Sponsors Fund described in (2), above, all monies will the controlled and disbursed by PCG and will be used in their entirety to support the shipments to the troops.

All donations can be mailed to:

Wayne Harrison
PO Box 825
Pine, CO 80470

Please indicate on your checks what purpose you would like the funds to serve:

General Support Fund
Sponsors Fund
Other (specify)

If you are contributing mail to Any Soldier, please put them in individual (unsealed) envelopes and mail them to us in a larger envelope. We will do the rest.

Pinecam Thanks You, Your Community Thanks You ... Our Troops Thank You!

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Post subject: Re: More useful odds and edds
Post Posted: Jan 8, 2004 7:13 pm 
crowfeather wrote:
My Coast Guard Petty Officer daughter and her CPO have become very interested in our efforts here at Pinecam. My daughter emailed a new list of suggestions--some from female personnel with desert combat experience.

"Chief and I came up with these items --

sunglass holders
boxer shorts ( boys and girls)
disposable cameras
tiny pillows
toe socks

* pack with air popped popcorn in bags (to preserve it, no butter)

Chief has cousins in the Nat. Guard. They said boxers rock because the fine
sand gets everywhere and panties chaff. Toe socks will keep the sand out of
their toes. Regular boot socks or boot socks with the black cuff white feet
are good too. They go weeks without being able to do laundry and there are
no drug stores. A couple of lighters might be welcome also. Remember the
packages will be subject to intense heat...don't send candy or chocolate
that will melt.

Love you -- Sara"

Words from the pros who know what they'll use.
-crowfeather

Thank you, Sara. Thank you, Chief. Your thoughtful suggestions have been added to our recommended list at the top of the thread.

Bless you both as you serve your country ... wherever you are! :patriot:

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 9, 2004 7:37 pm 
Collection Day

Today (Friday) our Moderators visited all of the collection box locations to retrieve your donations to the troops. We want to thank you for your generosity!

The next collection is scheduled for Friday, January 16 for all locations except Sweet Fanny Adams. As most of you know, on that Saturday (17th), Pinecammers are having a get-together at the SFA. Many have indicated that they will be bringing donations for the troops that day, therefore we will gladly accept those in person and add them to the shipment. We estimate another three, maybe four boxes will be ready for mailing by then.

And please don't forget, your donations may include financial support to help pay the cost of postage. These may be mailed in or you can hand them to PCG or any Moderator on the 17th at SFA. Needless to say, your contributions will be warmly recieved and will allow us to make shipments when they are ready and without delay. Your cash Donations may be mailed to:

Wayne Harrison
P.O. Box 825
Pine, CO 80470

Collection Box Locations:

The Bailey Country Store
149 Marian St
Bailey, CO
(303) 838-2505

Sweet Fanny Adam's Tavern
57922 US Highway 285
Bailey, CO
303) 816-2238

Loaf and Jug #66
9904 Hiway 285
Conifer, CO 80433

Mauro's
25797 Conifer Rd
Conifer, CO 80435
303-838-5707

The Little Store
2238 Shelton Dr.
Bailey, CO. 80421
(Harris Park)
(303) 838-9999

Pine Junction Country Store
Highway 285 & Mt. Evans Blvd

Pinecam Thanks YouDiscount Liquor Shop and Gas
9064 Hiway 285
Morrison CO 80465
303-697-3530
(Windy Point Spirits)

Transnation Title
26689 Pleasant Park Road #A-70
Conifer, Co 80433
303-816-0040

The Little Log Store
6328 South Turkey Creek
Morrison CO 80465
303-697-0559
Convinance food, gas, and Tinytown!!

The Flume Offices
2138 Park Cty Rd 64
Bailey CO 80421
303-838-4423

new places !!!
The Elk Creek Station
16940 county Rd 126
Pine CO 80470
303-838-4450
"make the Station your Destination"

J.W, Green Merchantile
17706 county rd 96
Buffalo Creek CO 80425
303-838-3587
gerneral merchandise and a little more

Pine Country Feed
13581 Glen Dr.
(Hiway 285 at Pine Junction)
Pine Co 80470
303-838-5186
feed,hay,pet food,supplies, tack

Crow Hill Loaf and Jug
173 Bulldogger Lane
Bailey Co 80420
303-838-0479
NIce store, good folks and ya save on gas

B J Pack-N-Mail
10875 US Highway 285 # D203,
Conifer, CO 80433
Phone: (303) 838-1266

, Your Community Thanks You ... Our Troops Thank You!

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 14, 2004 11:41 am 
Packages Recieved!

I'm happy to report that Thomas and his troops have received our first shipment of goodies, not only intact but in record time! Read his post...

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 3694#33694

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 15, 2004 9:55 am 
REMINDER: Collection Day

The next collection is scheduled for tomorrow, Friday, January 16 for all locations except Sweet Fanny Adams. As most of you know, on Saturday (17th), Pinecammers are having a get-together at the SFA. Many have indicated that they will be bringing donations for the troops that day, therefore we will gladly accept those in person and add them to the shipment. We estimate another three, maybe four boxes will be ready for mailing by then.

And please don't forget, your donations may include financial support to help pay the cost of postage. These may be mailed in or you can hand them to PCG or any Moderator on the 17th at SFA. Needless to say, your contributions will be warmly recieved and will allow us to make shipments when they are ready and without delay. Your cash Donations may be mailed to:

Wayne Harrison
P.O. Box 825
Pine, CO 80470

The Bailey Country Store
149 Marian St
Bailey, CO
(303) 838-2505

57922 US Highway 285
Bailey, CO
303) 816-2238

Loaf and Jug #66
9904 Hiway 285
Conifer, CO 80433

Mauro's
25797 Conifer Rd
Conifer, CO 80435
303-838-5707

The Little Store
2238 Shelton Dr.
Bailey, CO. 80421
(Harris Park)
(303) 838-9999

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2004 9:15 am 
The Shipment is in the Mail!

Our second shipment, consisting of four boxes packed with goodies and books for the troops in Afghanistan, was mailed yesterday.

Thank you, Pinecammers for your contributions!

We also wish to thank all of our merchant participants for allowing our collection boxes in your respective places of business.

Our thanks go to the Pack N Mail in Conifer for donating the boxes, packing materials and labels for this shipment.

And a special THANK YOU to yeah-but and her husband, Art who graciously arranged for our shipment to be handled and generously paid for by the Hobart Company.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 22, 2004 1:53 pm 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
yeah yeah-but and art (who will soon have his own pinecam name LOL)

Post subject:
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2004 6:23 pm 
REMINDER: Collection Day

The next collection is scheduled for tomorrow, Friday, January 30 for all locations.

Last Friday's collection netted a few items which we are holding in expectation of recieving more before we send out another shipment. Thank You!

At the moment the next one is a few weeks out since we have a shipment currently enroute to Afghanistan. For those of you who wish to include baked goods in the next shipment, I will announce that date with a few days to spare so you can start baking. If you need someone to do a pick up, please contact any Moderator.

And please don't forget, your donations may include financial support to help pay the cost of postage. These may be mailed in or you can pre-arrange a meeting with any Moderator to accept your donation. Needless to say, your contributions will be warmly recieved and will allow us to make shipments when they are ready and without delay. Your cash Donations may be mailed to:

Wayne Harrison
P.O. Box 825
Pine, CO 80470

The Bailey Country Store
149 Marian St
Bailey, CO
(303) 838-2505

57922 US Highway 285
Bailey, CO
303) 816-2238

Loaf and Jug #66
9904 Hiway 285
Conifer, CO 80433

Mauro's
25797 Conifer Rd
Conifer, CO 80435
303-838-5707

The Little Store
2238 Shelton Dr.
Bailey, CO. 80421
(Harris Park)
(303) 838-9999

Our newest location ...

Transnation Title
26689 Pleasant Park Road #A-70
Conifer, Co 80433
303-816-0040

Finally, we are looking for help from the Pinecam community in identifying potential merchant collection points in Evergreen. If you are aware of a good location in an upstanding business, please give us a shout via PM. Also, we need a volunteer who lives in the Evergreen area to do the weekly pick-ups. If you would like to volunteer for this, please contact any Moderator.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2004 7:40 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
i'm gonna move the sox discussion here--so as not to mess with the other thread.....silver sox have silver metal woven into the sox - they're antibacterial, don't need to be washed as frequently, and actually will clean the inside of scuzzy sneakers as you wear them. i was reading about them in scientific american, and it seemed like just the thing for service personnel, but i didn't know if there was anything about the metallic content that would create an unintended problem for them. and as they are expensive, i'll cheerfully try to find them, but would prefer to send them directly to one of you packer/shipper folk than just deposit them in a collection box....i'll put the paperbacks in there.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2004 7:53 pm 
meeb wrote:
i'm gonna move the sox discussion here--so as not to mess with the other thread.....silver sox have silver metal woven into the sox - they're antibacterial, don't need to be washed as frequently, and actually will clean the inside of scuzzy sneakers as you wear them. i was reading about them in scientific american, and it seemed like just the thing for service personnel, but i didn't know if there was anything about the metallic content that would create an unintended problem for them. and as they are expensive, i'll cheerfully try to find them, but would prefer to send them directly to one of you packer/shipper folk than just deposit them in a collection box....i'll put the paperbacks in there.

meeb; Before commiting to a significant expense, maybe we should ask Thomas if they would be appropriate. I can send him a PM on the matter if you like.

At any rate, anytime you or any contributor prefers we swing by and pick up your contributions, just let any Moderator know. We'll arrange for one of us to either meet you at a neutral location or stop by your home. That offer is open to anyone since not all are comfortable leaving items in a public collection box.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2004 9:51 pm 
sure, pm thomas, or maybe i could just send a trial pair or two and they could see if they liked them, since stuff seems to be getting through in relatively timely fashion. i'll poke around in "alice's restaurant" this weekend and see what i can come up with. they're more expensive than a 3-pack of crews at walmart, but they don't require a lottery win. could i have them shipped directly to the address posted for monetary contributions? i think it was wayne's po box?

Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 14, 2004 9:18 am 
meeb wrote:
sure, pm thomas, or maybe i could just send a trial pair or two and they could see if they liked them, since stuff seems to be getting through in relatively timely fashion. i'll poke around in "alice's restaurant" this weekend and see what i can come up with. they're more expensive than a 3-pack of crews at walmart, but they don't require a lottery win. could i have them shipped directly to the address posted for monetary contributions? i think it was wayne's po box?

Yes, meeb, you can mail them to Wayne, or we can arrange a pick up. Entirely up to you. I'll send a PM to Thomas today.

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next