It is currently Jul 15, 2019 3:53 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Local Daisies Helping Soldiers
Post Posted: Nov 19, 2004 8:14 am 
The Daisies are doing this locally in our community. For more information please contact rpcrafter@msn.com

Hey everyone!

My sister sent this to me. She got it from a high school friend whose husband is in Iraq. If you can donate shoes to this cause that would be great. I will be sending a package if you want to send shoes with mine, but you can send them to him directly also. Send this to everyone you can. Shoes aren't that expensive at WalMart or Target and it would be awesome to hear that he got shoes from across the entire country from people he didn't even know! Thank you and blessings to all of you!

The text below in italics is the letter he wrote to his wife.

Mistie

This is the start of the letter his wife sent out.

Hi everyone,
David left for Iraq in September. He is doing fine. However, David asked if I would put together a shoe drive for him. Below is what he wrote to me:

What is the chance of getting a shoe drive together? I know it sounds weird but we are looking to do something for the kids over here and with winter coming on, shoes will be a premium. We also learned from our interpreter that if we make the kids happy, well the whole family is pleased so just maybe we can be recognized as something other that the "White Devils." J I know your busy as heck but look at it. Ideally we would look to accomplish the hand out around New Years as it is some sort of Holiday for them. Something to do with the Prophet Muhammad. 50-100 pairs of kid's tennis shoes would go a long way here. Nothing fancy, looking at Walmart/K-Mart brand stuff.

If you get any shoes, send them to David at:

MSG David Ahern
332ESFS/SFO
APO, AE 09315-9997

Since this is an APO address, you will only be paying domestic prices (like you would ship something to grandma in the states). Shipping will take approximately 3 weeks, which means we don't have a lot of time.

So, while you're shopping, stop by the shoe aisle and check out the clearance shoes. I got several pairs at Walmart for $5.00. I figure I could forgoe the Big Mac and buy shoes instead.

Post subject:
Post Posted: Nov 19, 2004 8:45 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
GGGcal I hate to tell you this but the shipping isnt domestic. It high VERY high along the lines of $50-$60 a box. But it a great idea and the Park County Lady dems are organising a drive very much like this. Check it out in the Flume.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]