It is currently Sep 18, 2019 6:28 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: New poster
Post Posted: Nov 29, 2015 6:49 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Keep an eye out for the "Banana Belt" area. This area typically gets less snow than the surrounding areas. Here is an article that should help you find it (in other words, if you want more snow, you want to stay out of this area).

http://www.pinecam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=197284&hilit=Banana+Belt

I'm definitely not a wxgeek, :hugegrin: but since we sit in between the foothills and mountains, I think the atmosphere is wrung out before storms pass by us. We typically get about 1/2 to 3/4 the amount the surrounding areas get. (and yes, I would like more snow too). :)

and btw... Welcome to PineCam!

Post Posted: Nov 29, 2015 7:45 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
bubbs16 wrote:

That Blackhawk home sounds both crazy and awesome hahaha. See I'm not a sun person. In Michigan we only see sun like 80 days a year. I don't like the sun

Hmmm - well Colorado is one of the sunniest states of the union. Denver gets 300+ sunny days. Even in the winter there is sun most days up here. There are many days, though, that we get multiple seasons in a day - sun, rain, snow, wind, thunder. One thing nice is the lack of tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and even hail is less than Denver. Thunder, lightning and rainbows are VERY common and - as previously mentioned - snow varies tremendously by local climate.

Post Posted: Nov 29, 2015 9:14 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
sunsetinthepines wrote:
bubbs16 wrote:

That Blackhawk home sounds both crazy and awesome hahaha. See I'm not a sun person. In Michigan we only see sun like 80 days a year. I don't like the sun

Hmmm - well Colorado is one of the sunniest states of the union. Denver gets 300+ sunny days. Even in the winter there is sun most days up here. There are many days, though, that we get multiple seasons in a day - sun, rain, snow, wind, thunder. One thing nice is the lack of tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and even hail is less than Denver. Thunder, lightning and rainbows are VERY common and - as previously mentioned - snow varies tremendously by local climate.

Yes I knew it was sunny here as I lived in KS for 5 yrs and it's sunny there a lot too. They do at least get some rain though. I did however think that the foothills and mts were cloudy a lot. I guess that isn't true. I was hoping to escape the sun. Looks like that isn't possible.

Post Posted: Nov 29, 2015 9:40 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Hmmmm The amount of hail one receives depends on the elevation at which you live. I have a lot of hail storms here on the mountain. One hail storm cracked one of my windows in my roof this past fall. I'm at just the wrong altitude, for some thunderstorms, where it is too warm for snow and too cold for snow; so, I receive a lot of hail. So many windows and so many hail stones....

Post Posted: Nov 29, 2015 9:42 pm 
errr, that is too warm for snow and too cold for rain....

Post Posted: Nov 30, 2015 11:05 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Here's a link to snow amounts on Conifer Mountain (click on OVERALL and then SNOW):
http://cmwa.coniferbasketball.com/
(why it's says basketball I do not know!)
When we lived (kind of) in a valley on the south side we had very little sun. Great thunderstorms too. LOUD! But we'd have snow when no one else would. On hot summer days it was nice.

Post Posted: Nov 30, 2015 2:15 pm 
lkwoooo wrote:
Here's a link to snow amounts on Conifer Mountain (click on OVERALL and then SNOW):
When we lived (kind of) in a valley on the south side we had very little sun. Great thunderstorms too. LOUD! But we'd have snow when no one else would. On hot summer days it was nice.

That's more like it. Some good snow numbers. Maybe a little much some years even for me but a whole lot better then what we see down here. Odd about the basketball part of the link haha.

Post Posted: Nov 30, 2015 2:22 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
bubbs16 wrote:
lkwoooo wrote:

That's more like it. Some good snow numbers. Maybe a little much some years even for me but a whole lot better then what we see down here. Odd about the basketball part of the link haha.

Pinecam also has snow/rain records for Conifer Mountain under the Weather tab - Conifer Mountain Almanac. Just looked at the above link and it goes the same place.

Post Posted: Nov 30, 2015 4:52 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
MIRSH wrote:
Pinecam also has snow/rain records for Conifer Mountain under the Weather tab - Conifer Mountain Almanac. Just looked at the above link and it goes the same place.

Good information! Snowfalls for Pine Junction are available as well.

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2