It is currently Oct 15, 2019 8:20 pm 






Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 9:54 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2003 12:21 pm
Posts: 51131
Location: "and the flag was still there".
Several of my neighbors and I had Allstate home owners' insurance, but we were dropped because they now consider our subdivision to be a high fire risk zone (Hilldale Pines, a couple miles east of Meyer Ranch Park).

I worked with a great broker, Jennifer at Creekside Insurance who set me up with Travelers' and saved me $400 a year to boot!

303-838-8338

_________________
Life is not a beach. It's a mountain! . :pinetree:

I may not have gone where I intended to go
but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 10:27 am 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
User avatar
Joined: Oct 7, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Mike's Cat Barn, Bailey, Co
aspenleaf wrote:
Several of my neighbors and I had Allstate home owners' insurance, but we were dropped because they now consider our subdivision to be a high fire risk zone (Hilldale Pines, a couple miles east of Meyer Ranch Park).

I worked with a great broker, Jennifer at Creekside Insurance who set me up with Travelers' and saved me $400 a year to boot!

303-838-8338


I second Jennifer @ Creekside Insurance, great service, great rates!!!
As far as tires go, they are your best friend up here in the winter, I run Arctic Claws with studs, better safe than sorry, Blizzaks are also good too. Have fun!

_________________
"A WASTE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO MIND"


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 11:08 am 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
User avatar
Joined: May 24, 2006 9:00 am
Posts: 162
Location: Pine
Welcome to God's Country Jeremyallen!! May this change of Living exceed all your expectations!! Enjoy!!

_________________
PineDweller


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 11:10 am 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
Joined: Sep 22, 2006 9:46 am
Posts: 500
Welcome! This wasn't one of your questions, but if your wife is commuting to downtown Denver be sure to check out RTD. The bus service, in my opinion, is awesome if you live up here. On snowy days the commute can be long, and if you are on the bus you can relax, read, sleep, visit with folks, without worrying about the road conditions.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 12:41 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
User avatar
Joined: Sep 30, 2014 8:24 pm
Posts: 43
aspenleaf wrote:
Several of my neighbors and I had Allstate home owners' insurance, but we were dropped because they now consider our subdivision to be a high fire risk zone (Hilldale Pines, a couple miles east of Meyer Ranch Park).

I worked with a great broker, Jennifer at Creekside Insurance who set me up with Travelers' and saved me $400 a year to boot!

303-838-8338


Calling them right now!

Thanks for the tip.

_________________
---

Jeremy


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 12:44 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Joined: Sep 13, 2012 2:58 pm
Posts: 7
Welcome, my husband and I moved here 9 years ago from Tampa. We live in Bailey. We are both native Floridians and I believe there were bets going on that we would only last about 6 months. You're going to love it.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 5:10 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
User avatar
Joined: Jan 6, 2006 3:04 pm
Posts: 16179
Location: Conifer
welcome to the 'hood! We have some neighbors that retired here from Miami! We moved here this same time of year exactly 11 years ago. I cannot imagine living anywhere else.

Richmond Hill is a great area. You chose well! Easy access to 285 and Jefferson County takes very good care of the roads, especially in winter. Subarus and Blizzaks are a combination not to be beat in Colorado winters. Like a cat on carpet :)

You will want to look into a generator unless you want to be without water (Well pump) and power and heat for an unknown period of time. We had a portable one (ran on gas) for years, but now have a full house one that runs on propane. We installed it at our detached garage (sub panel) so we don't have all that noise at the house)

If you can afford it, look into paving the driveway (we have used Holland Hurst twice with great success) http://hollandhurst.com/ and a good snow blower. If you get the snow off the drive in the morning, it will be dry by noon (if your drive gets sun).

_________________
_________________
A Rainbow Bridge for Pinecammers.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 5:21 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
User avatar
Joined: Sep 30, 2014 8:24 pm
Posts: 43
Lil' Kenosha Cat Ranch wrote:
aspenleaf wrote:
Several of my neighbors and I had Allstate home owners' insurance, but we were dropped because they now consider our subdivision to be a high fire risk zone (Hilldale Pines, a couple miles east of Meyer Ranch Park).

I worked with a great broker, Jennifer at Creekside Insurance who set me up with Travelers' and saved me $400 a year to boot!

303-838-8338


I second Jennifer @ Creekside Insurance, great service, great rates!!!
As far as tires go, they are your best friend up here in the winter, I run Arctic Claws with studs, better safe than sorry, Blizzaks are also good too. Have fun!


I called Jennifer. She is fantastic, really helping me out with my quotes. I, too, now highly recommend her!

Lil', at what point in the season do you install your Claws? Will they be okay for commutes down the hill and back several times a week? How do they handle dry pavement between snows?

Thanks

_________________
---

Jeremy


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 5:23 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
User avatar
Joined: Sep 30, 2014 8:24 pm
Posts: 43
ElvenMom wrote:
Welcome! This wasn't one of your questions, but if your wife is commuting to downtown Denver be sure to check out RTD. The bus service, in my opinion, is awesome if you live up here. On snowy days the commute can be long, and if you are on the bus you can relax, read, sleep, visit with folks, without worrying about the road conditions.


This sounds like a great idea. Thanks for tip. We both like to read a lot, so I see both of us doing this occasionally.

_________________
---

Jeremy


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 5:24 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
User avatar
Joined: Sep 30, 2014 8:24 pm
Posts: 43
Max851 wrote:
Welcome, my husband and I moved here 9 years ago from Tampa. We live in Bailey. We are both native Floridians and I believe there were bets going on that we would only last about 6 months. You're going to love it.


Thanks for the encouragement!

So, based just on this thread, we have a handful of Tampa families now in the mountains. Nice!

_________________
---

Jeremy


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 5:27 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Infrequent Pinecam poster
User avatar
Joined: Sep 30, 2014 8:24 pm
Posts: 43
Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:
welcome to the 'hood! We have some neighbors that retired here from Miami! We moved here this same time of year exactly 11 years ago. I cannot imagine living anywhere else.

Richmond Hill is a great area. You chose well! Easy access to 285 and Jefferson County takes very good care of the roads, especially in winter. Subarus and Blizzaks are a combination not to be beat in Colorado winters. Like a cat on carpet :)

You will want to look into a generator unless you want to be without water (Well pump) and power and heat for an unknown period of time. We had a portable one (ran on gas) for years, but now have a full house one that runs on propane. We installed it at our detached garage (sub panel) so we don't have all that noise at the house)

If you can afford it, look into paving the driveway (we have used Holland Hurst twice with great success) http://hollandhurst.com/ and a good snow blower. If you get the snow off the drive in the morning, it will be dry by noon (if your drive gets sun).


Great ideas. I will look into all them. I have to build a garage since the house doesn't have one right now. And I also consider paving the drive. I still can't sort out if I need a snow blower or plow (and if plow, an ATV or Truck to push it). Not sure how to decide.

_________________
---

Jeremy


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: New to Conifer and Colorado and thrilled to be here
Post Posted: Oct 6, 2014 5:48 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
User avatar
Joined: Jan 6, 2006 3:04 pm
Posts: 16179
Location: Conifer
there is a park and ride right here at Richmond Hill (called Mountain View Stop)
http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules/ge ... viceType=3

_________________
_________________
A Rainbow Bridge for Pinecammers.

If you have a pet you wish to add to the Rainbow Bridge Site, please either post in the Pet Forum Rainbow Bridge Page viewtopic.php?f=85&t=78851 or PM me with pet names you would like them added. If you have others already there, please give me their names so I can add your pet with them.


Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
Most users ever online was 2823 on Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests





Powered by phpBB © 2000-2012 phpBB Group

This website copyright © 1994-2019 by
Pinecam.com is a member of the Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce