It is currently Sep 15, 2019 11:55 am 

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: Family new to Conifer Mountain
Post Posted: Apr 5, 2014 8:29 pm 
Infrequent Pinecam poster
Has your son started school yet? If he just started with Mrs. Bradley then he is in my sons class. Welcome to Conifer. We too are from outside of Boston. Its a great place to live. ---Jamie

Post Posted: Apr 5, 2014 9:54 pm 
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster
carley3 wrote:
Thanks everybody! We're very excited. Closing was supposed to be this week but we had the well tested and the recovery rate was only .14 gpm. The seller is having it fractured but the guy she is using has been out of town. Closing has been pushed back until the work is done. So we're sitting here doing a bunch of thumb twiddling and staring at our packed boxes. Can't wait to get up there!

Welcome home. My husband Bob and I moved up here about 6 months ago and we just simply love it here. I am a new pinecamer and so I hope I am replying the right way so pardon me if I did this wrong. :wiggle:

Post Posted: Apr 6, 2014 8:31 am 
Scanner Monitor
Scanner Monitor
You did it perfectly right. :D

Pinecam is the community's best resource for any other kinds of information you need, as well: weather reports, road reports, news reports, events....

I may not have gone where I intended to go
but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Post Posted: Apr 6, 2014 1:47 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
welcome!
it'll be worth the wait - but water is important so it's good that the sellers are taking care of that
most of us don't have oodles and oodles of water - we learn to conserve, but you still would like to have it available!

Post Posted: Apr 6, 2014 2:19 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
Welcome to Conifer! I hope the hydrofracturing works. That is a seriously low flow rate for a family of three. You might be better off asking them to drill the existing well deeper. Do you have in your contract that you can terminate if the well doesn't get a certain flow rate after the hydrofracturing?

Post Posted: Apr 6, 2014 6:19 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Welcome to Conifer Mountain. I also live on the mountain. You will love it here. Let me know if you need help with anything. I am in and out but am available most days.

Post Posted: Jun 1, 2014 5:48 pm 
So I should probably give a long overdue update. The house on Conifer Mt. didn't work out due to the issues with the well and a seller who wasn't willing to do a single thing about it. We were sad to walk away But things worked out better for us in the end. We bought a lovely little home In Pine and moved in last week. Life is good!

Post Posted: Jun 1, 2014 5:56 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
welcome! Sorry about the delay! You want a good well especially with kids! After living on a 36' boat, you can't have too many boxes unless, you put stuff in storage. Having lived on a boat, you will love the space and the freedom to buy groceries less often than every single day! You may however miss the rocking to sleep.

Post subject: Re: Family new to Conifer Mountain UPDATE: Actually Pine!
Post Posted: Jun 1, 2014 8:58 pm 
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Whoa momma! A top Pinecam poster!
Welcome to the mountain. You'll love it! Lower taxes in for ya in Pine/Park County vs Conifer/Jefferson County.
Just be careful going thru Morrison in yer boat or you'll get a speeding ticket : )
This is a good place to chat with others up here and is a great group of folks : )

Post Posted: Jun 1, 2014 11:15 pm 
Stratospheric Poster!
Stratospheric Poster!
baileyhermit wrote:
Welcome to the mountain. You'll love it! Lower taxes in for ya in Pine/Park County vs Conifer/Jefferson County.
Just be careful going thru Morrison in yer boat or you'll get a speeding ticket : )
This is a good place to chat with others up here and is a great group of folks : )

...Except that Pine is in Jefferson County! You still picked a good place whether you are in the actual little town of Pine Grove or the "Pine suburbia" in the 80470 zip code. How do I know? I live there ;)

Post Posted: Jun 2, 2014 7:21 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
sunsetinthepines wrote:
baileyhermit wrote:

...Except that Pine is in Jefferson County! You still picked a good place whether you are in the actual little town of Pine Grove or the "Pine suburbia" in the 80470 zip code. How do I know? I live there ;)

I am also in Pine, however I am in Park County. The first few houses on my street are Jeffco, but we're not. :) It just depends on where you are in Pine. I have your same zip code too as Jeffco delivers out mail. How is that for confusing?! Regardless, "Pine Suburbia" is a great place to live!

Is your son going to Elk Creek Elementary? I have a 9 year old daughter there (plus a 3 year old at home). It is a great school. We did have to choice enroll there since we are in Park County, hopefully you fall in the right county and get to go there by default. Feel for to PM me if you're looking for kid friendly things up here. Welcome!

Post Posted: Jun 2, 2014 7:35 am 
carley3 wrote:
So I should probably give a long overdue update. The house on Conifer Mt. didn't work out due to the issues with the well and a seller who wasn't willing to do a single thing about it. We were sad to walk away But things worked out better for us in the end. We bought a lovely little home In Pine and moved in last week. Life is good!

Good thing that you did not get into that situation. Pine is a great place - lower taxes, and no emissions testing in Park County. We are just 7 houses from Jeffco - it's a great place to live! Welcome :waving:

All of Pine is NOT in Jefferson County -

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next