It is currently Jun 16, 2019 12:07 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Snow forecaast for Sunday
Post Posted: Nov 10, 2018 3:34 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Latest models are in good overall agreement on incoming system. NAM brings snow in late this evening, but all other models wait until after midnight before snow begins in local foothill areas. We should wake up to snow Sunday morning, and snow will persist all day into Sunday evening, then become light snow to showers into Monday morning. Snow will be heaviest from the Divide east to the I-25 corridor, with only light amounts else where. For snow amounts, here is my latest thinking:

Mountains east of Divide and Foothills: 3-8 inches with heaviest amounts above 8000 ft
Palmer Divide: 2-6 inches
Urban Corridor: 1-4 inches with heaviest amounts on west and south side of Metro area

Roads likely to be a combination of snow, ice, slush and wet. Early Sunday could see some snow and ice packed roads, then more slush and wet with some snow pack at higher elevations during the day Sunday, and then more snow and ice Sunday night into Monday morning. Temps will remain cold Sunday with high temps in the teens to low 20's.

Conditions should improve during the day on Monday, but temps will remain well below average and likely will remain below freezing in the foothills Monday.

Rest of the week ahead looks dry statewide and temps will warm to near average values Tuesday through next weekend.

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather" - John Ruskin

Post subject: Re: Snow forecaast for Sunday
Post Posted: Nov 11, 2018 1:52 pm 
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Oh my, Big Time poster!
Snow is holding up to forecast so far. Amounts generally in the 3-6 inch range locally, with up to 9 inches in foothills north of I-70. Urban Corridor seeing 1-3 inches so far. Models suggest snow will persist through tonight and finally diminish Monday morning. Additional snowfall will be mostly light, with perhaps 1-3 inches more by Monday morning locally. Roads have become mostly wet this afternoon, but expect after sunset roads will again become snow and ice packed overnight into Monday morning. Temps remaining in the teens to low 20's in the foothills today.

Conditions will improve through the day Monday, so roads should be in good shape by Noon. Temps will remain well below average Monday with highs again in the 20's in the foothills.

For the rest of the week, expect dry conditions statewide and temps will rise to near average values Tuesday through the weekend.

For next week, models a bit uncertain what will transpire at this point. It appears long wave upper level pattern is in transition, as a more zonal pattern takes shape. Currently, models suggest dry weather in CO through Wednesday, then precip chances increase late in the week Thursday into the weekend. Too early for specifics though.

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather" - John Ruskin

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]