It is currently May 22, 2019 8:37 pm 

:attention:
Please read the forum introduction topic to learn what this forum is about,
what type of requests you can make, or how you can help.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: A little bit of painting & a little bit of moving furniture
Post Posted: Dec 8, 2015 12:09 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
My project is this....a little bit of painting and a little bit of moving some furniture! I am a disabled senior citizen living in the Bailey area. Since February 2014 I have had five surgeries (three of which were total joint replacements) and I have just learned that I will now have to have two more surgeries in 2016 on my spine (neck & lower back). As my health has declined (especially with increased compression and impingement on my spinal cord) I have become increasingly unsteady on my feet and need to figure out a way to make my home more accommodating and much safer too. Which means I need to figure out a way to avoid using the stairs as much as possible. So this is my plan...I am hoping to find some help in switching two rooms around by first painting an empty room that is downstairs (ceiling and walls, same color) before moving a bedroom set (from upstairs) down to this room. Then I hope to have my office area (desk and computer stuff) relocated from downstairs to this now-empty (upstairs) room. If this can get done I will then be able to avoid having to use the stairs every day. And when I have my next surgery in January, I will then have a guest room ready for anyone who may wish to stay with me during my recovery. The bed is heavy, a solid wood sleigh bed that will need at least two people to move it, but the desk shouldn't be that difficult to move (it comes apart into three sections) but will still need a couple of people to get it moved upstairs. I really hate having to ask for help, but it has gotten to the point that I am no longer able to do a lot of things for myself anymore. If someone just wants to paint and that's all, even that would be great and I can hopefully then find someone to just move the furniture. Thanks for any consideration to this request...it's appreciated more than you can imagine!

Post subject: Re: A little bit of painting & a little bit of moving furnit
Post Posted: Dec 8, 2015 3:47 pm 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
If you haven,t had someone who would do the painting, I will come over and do it. It may take me several days and I work in the evening. Can't moved heavy furniture as I have a bad back. Call me at 303-838-6284.

Post Posted: Dec 8, 2015 10:09 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I can't move furniture but maybe I could hire some kids to do this for you. PM me and let's see what is the timeline of the painting. I'm in Bailey too and also have a bad back so could come help "direct" the process. Send me a message and I'll help you work this out.

Post Posted: Dec 8, 2015 10:41 pm 
Prolific Pinecam Poster
Prolific Pinecam Poster
I can help with some furniture moving and lots of painting as well. Let me know how I can help!!

Post Posted: Dec 12, 2015 1:01 am 
Posts pretty often
Posts pretty often
pakrat1004, were you able to find all the help you need to move furniture? If not my husband is willing to help out. You can PM me if you still need help and we can coordinate a time that works for everyone. Either way, wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgeries!

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Post Posted: Dec 30, 2015 7:51 pm 
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly
I don't know how to delete this post, but I would if I could! First of all, thanks to those of you who responded to this post! And especially to itsme who not only painted my entire guest room and the adjacent bathroom ceiling too, but also hung a ceiling light fixture and two mini blinds as well! And he didn't stop there...he also helped my neighbor move the furniture too! So now I have my office located upstairs, my guest room is finally downstairs and most importantly I rarely have to use the stairs anymore. This couldn't have happened without his help and I am eternally grateful! And I also want to say that I am so fortunate to be living in such an amazing community with such kind and thoughtful neighbors! I feel so much safer having my living space confined to one floor now. And with two spinal fusions coming up in 2016, this is one less issue that I need to worry about! And finally, thank you for all of the kind words and thoughtful wishes for my surgeries and recovery!

Post Posted: Dec 30, 2015 10:25 pm 
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Pinecam Hall of Fame poster!
Thank you itsme!

Lonewolf Field Services - HVAC Contractor

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]